Woods and Roses

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from CSue

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Well, it's been a bit since I posted a pen. A friend of mine who used to do china painting "doodled" on a few slimline barrels a few weeks ago. I finally got around to casting them - a first for me. Comments and criticisms welcome
JRotnerStCharlesSL_Bloodwood1.jpg

JRotnerStCharlesSL_Padauk1.jpg

JRotnerStCharlesSL_Purpleheart1.jpg

JRotnerStCharlesSL_Yellowheart1.jpg

Cathy Sue

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Wow that is very cool. So you are saying this person actually painted these scenes on a brass tube or a white tube and then you cast them in clear resin???? What an artist. I would have to use decals.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Those are beautiful pens, Cathy Sue. You brought the colors out well! I can tell that those are the kind of finished pen that looks super when viewed in your hand! I like the wood that you chose to go with each!

td

Banned
Cathy,

Those are really awesome. The artist in both of you comes shining through the finished product. Thank you for sharing these!

USAFVET98

Could you find out if she could doodle some orchids? My girlfriend loves orchids, and if I made her a pen with some on it, I would make her new year..
Let me know.

Thanks
Brian

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks all. I'm going to give her some more 7mm tubes today. I'm throwing a Sierra tube in as well. Everything she does is quite original and unlike any other she's done. I feel quite priviledged she is doodling on some of these tubes. I can't wait to see the next bunch!

Top Bottom