Weird Baron

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bitshird

bitshird

this is the first pen I've had a chance to turn in a couple of weeks it's a Baron Fountain pen gold hardware in a home brew PR turned between centers, and from start to finish with one of my woodchuck scrapers, wet sanded through 1000 and buffed with Chrome Oxide (Zam)
Any and all comments welcomed (except from Keith, he makes me cry):biggrin: mostly after seeing his pens :crying:

Attachments

• Baron-FP-Acrylic-1-1.jpg
    Baron-FP-Acrylic-1-1.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 268
  • Baron-FP-Acrylic-1-2.jpg
    Baron-FP-Acrylic-1-2.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 194
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldb2000

I came here to see weirdness and all you show me is a beautiful pen made from a fantastic blank ... you just can't trust anyone anymore ... no truth in advertising :eek::tongue::biggrin:

bitshird

Making a pen is weird for me now, first time it's been warm enough to cast or set my wood lathe up out side. SWMBO won't let me use the kitchen for any thing other than preparing food, or doing dishes, The picture really looks better than the pen. nice thing is the clip fits loose so it's easy to write with, with out worrying about which thread to start on, wasn't tight on my bushings, but I've had several like that recently, will that qualify as weird??

bitshird

It wouldn't be so weird if the color wasn't so that it looked like the tube is almost showing at the back of the cap, I painted the tubes and used white epoxy, but the gold pearl Ex settled in that one spot. So it will be a demo or gift for some one that hasn't used a fountain pen. <Oh No I must be developing ethics or even worse pride in my work> :eek:
I would have been very pleased had the whole pen looked as good as that which is showing.
where is Keith "Vizxp" he can make me cry, you people are just too darned nice :biggrin:

Top Bottom