Weekend Work

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PTownSubbie

PTownSubbie

I have been lurking for some time and am amazed by the craftsmanship of some of the turners on the site. I figured that everyone has to start somewhere. This is what I turned this weekend.

Copper Celebration Acrylic Artisan Rollerball pen. This is a custom acrylic that we poured on our own. Made from multiple types of copper pearlex powder.
copper-acrylic-pen.jpg
Kingwood Jr Gent II Rollerball pen. It is the first Jr Gent that I have turned. They are nice kits!
kingwood-rollerball-pen.jpg
Purpleheart Jr Gent II Fountain pen. This is the first fountain pen that I have turned.
purpleheart-fountain-pen.jpg
Rosewood Jr Gent II Fountain pen.
rosewood-fountain-pen.jpg
Tiger Lilly Acrylic Artisan Rollerball pen. This is a custom acrylic we poured using gold pearlex powder with copper ribbons.
tiger-acrylic-pen.jpg
Volcanic Flame Slimline pen. This is a custom acrylic we poured using red and yellow powdercoat paint.
volcanicflame-acrylic-pen.jpg
Speckled Egg Slimline pen. This is a custom acrylic we poured using white powdercoat paint with acrylic turning ribbons cast inside of it.
speckledegg-acrylic-pen.jpg

Comments are welcome. I am always looking for ways to improve.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PTownSubbie

Casting your own blanks is fun and it is a way to get the LOML involved. It is not hard but can be costly if you make too many mistakes.

RAdams

Banned
nice work! they all look really nice!

how do you put hte little thumbnail pic in the post insted of the full size one?

Last edited:

PTownSubbie

nice work! they all look really nice!

how do you put hte little thumbnail pic in the post insted of the full size one?

Assuming you use Windows....
1. You click on the paperclip icon on top of the window you are typing in and upload your images.
2. Type your message and where ever you want your picture, you click the paperclip again and select the image you want inserted.
3. Once they are uploaded, you can either put them in the text of your message or just attach them at the end.

Hope that made sense.

djpnevans

A weekend well spent. I like the Tiger Lilly Acrylic the best I did one like that but I didnt sand the ribbon so it came apart.
David

PTownSubbie

A weekend well spent. I like the Tiger Lilly Acrylic the best I did one like that but I didnt sand the ribbon so it came apart.
David

I noticed that I have to do something different the next time I do ribbons also. I had to fight hard to save this one. Lots of thin CA glue when I got little cracks. The seperation happens at the ribbon to PR interface. I think maybe sanding or even just some DNA wipedown prior to recasting? Really really light cuts with a dangerously sharp skew also!!!

More practice but at least I was able to save it....

Top Bottom