weekend corian

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Glenn McCullough

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend gave me a fair amount of corian, so I made a pen for him in return. The first one, without the centerband, was too feminine IMHO, so I made the balck chrome from another blank. The sierra is in blue dyed maple burl.

2006828104616_corian%20gold%20slim.jpg

2006828104632_black%20chrome%20corian.jpg

200682810476_sierra,%20blue%20maple%20burl.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

Glenn,
Like the second corian better than the first but the maple sierra is my pick and I would have no problem carrying that short pen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hilltopper46

Question - do you cover the cap on the second corian or do you replace the cap with a piece of turned blank material?

I like it the best of the two corians - in fact, I like it a lot. I want to do something similar to the cap on it with some of my pens and would like to know the technique.

elody21

Very beautiful job on your pens! You are right the first one is a girly pen! The second looks more like it is for a man

Firefyter-emt

On a lathe silly... [:D]

Not bad, I am curious on the 2nd cap.. Nice job
Have you been drilling 1/2" blanks for the slimlines? it is tight but it will work and there are no seams to worry about.

emackrell

Very nice pens! I really like the "feminist" pen. Any idea what the name of the sparkly corian in it is? Have to see if I can scrounge some somewhere. The Sierra is also very classy!

cheers Eileen [8D]

Originally posted by Firefyter-emt
<br />On a lathe silly... [:D]

Have you been drilling 1/2" blanks for the slimlines? it is tight but it will work and there are no seams to worry about.

Yes, these are 1/2 inch, and it is tight. My friend is going to get some color coded glue so I can laminate them to be larger.

Originally posted by emackrell
<br />Very nice pens! I really like the "feminist" pen. Any idea what the name of the sparkly corian in it is? Have to see if I can scrounge some somewhere. The Sierra is also very classy!

cheers Eileen [8D]
I have about 6- six inch pieces of about 8 patterns. No idea of pattern names. If you need some, e mail me, we'll work something out.

Originally posted by Firefyter-emt
<br />On a lathe silly... [:D]

You can get cap studs and a mandrel from CSUSA (pg. 110), intended for a euro. If you do a slimline, you must turn a "shoulder" to fit into the clip ring as it is larger than the stud. If you dont it will move about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom