Watch this space - Redux (piccies added) ...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Kaspar

Kaspar

image.aspx

Not gonna rush, but I should have it done in a few hours. Maybe. This'll be the first with my metal lathe, now that I think on it.

Last edited:

OKLAHOMAN

Crap, I was going to do one just like that:rolleyes:.......Always a day late, guess I'll just have to skip it:wink:. And if you believe that I've got some ocean front property here in Ok. for sale....real cheap.

Kaspar

You can. I've done this one before. That's why this is a "redux" ... This one will be a little more precise and will not require a CA finish, because the black veneer is all Onyx acrylic. Also, this time I will keep the bigger pictures I take of it.

Last edited:

mickr

I remember your first one..it was atsounding..if this is better, I may just have to quit this pen business

Kaspar

Problem solved. Here it is capped.

This one is cleaner in many ways compared to the first one I did. Every mating surface and / or thickness critical piece was faced (trimmed / milled / sanded) to within .001 using a mini-thickness sander. Very boring work, I must say. But The results speak for themselves.

Turned it on a mini-metal lathe and I like that way of doing it.

Kaspar

Awesome as usual! Can you give more info on the "mini thickness sander"?

One of the Byrnes machines. You'll need a perfectly milled pushbar/ platform and doubled sided tape to make it work. But I used it to clean up everything, even the blank itself before cutting.

The thing I like most about this pen design is how the Zebra stripes create optical illusions.

leehljp

Member Liaison
A couple of months of long hours has kept me from seeing a bunch of great pens being posted here. I sure missed this one and it is fantastic. I need to go back and see what else I missed. I am sure there will be very few, at best, that match this.

Its not a pen, it is a work of art that happens to function as a pen! :good: :good: :good:

Top Bottom