Unsure how I feel about this one

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Drstrangefart

Drstrangefart

189378_152744378118969_100001502242963_311932_3728720_n.jpg

I wound up with some small flaws from removing glued-on bushings, and I'm okay with that, as I don't shoot for perfection, just the best I can do on that individual pen. I just don't know if I like how the blank I made turned out. It's cool and all and I SHOULD be psyched about it. I dunno...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MartinPens

I think the blank is cool. I'm not big on large diameter turnings on slimline hardware. I think that would look great on a larger kit, like a cigar or Churchill. JMHO

Martin

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Kokopelli2010

I like it!

Its unique to you and thats whats important! If you have more blanks just turn a few more trying gold, chrome, etc and vary its girth...you may pinpoint your true preference that way and gift the rest. You are your worst critic most times )) :)

Drstrangefart

I like the idea of a silver kit in retrospect. I don't like small diameter pens, and I own 50 Slimline kits vs. 3 Cigar kits, so you see the end result. I'm mostly turning for the relaxation, sales are secondary right now. If I can get some sales rolling, I'll be working on more high end kits. I like the size and shape of this one, I'm just kinda shocked at the lack of reaction I had when I finished it. I did turn one immediately afterwards I'm much more happy with, though.

ToddMR

I really like the blank personally. I don't think the kit looks bad really, but like suggested maybe using a chrome or platinum kit would make the blank stand out more imo.

Top Bottom