U.S. Marshal

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from maxman400

maxman400

This one was requested by a friend at work, for his friend who is a U.S. Marshal. The blank is from PSI, the badge is a printed decal and has a CA finish. Kit is a chrome civil war.
Any Comments welcome, And Thanks for Looking. :)
attachment.php

Attachments

• CIMG0006.jpg
    CIMG0006.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 760
  • CIMG0007.jpg
    CIMG0007.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 150
  • CIMG0017.jpg
    CIMG0017.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 160
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wizard

Max, That looks absolutely awesome! Really nice job with the decal! That marshal is going to get a lot of envious looks! Regards, Doc

wizard

I usually get up pretty early..today was a little earlier. I normally head to the shop around 4AM to make a pen.
By the way, after that Marshal shows off his pen, I hope you end up with a lot of orders for more!! Regards, Doc

PenPal

Max,

I like that kit with all the association in shapes to bullets et al.

The Marshal should be wrapped in his pen, your mate delighted.

What appeals to me with that kit is the detail at the top and tip lends itself to a variety of designs thank you for your introduction of this kit to me.

The decal is the icing on the cake.

Kind regards Peter.

jttheclockman

Hello Max

As for an opinion I never did like these kits so I guess that is a personal thing.

Nice choice on the blank. Nice work with the decal and choosing the color. Couple questions. Being it was a 2-tone blank, any problems with the decal covering both colors and showing through or were you able to find an all white spot on the blank??? Also was this a white background decal or a clear??? Any problems applying CA over acrylic and is there any chipping problems later on??? Thanks and thanks for showing.

maxman400

Hello Max, Couple questions. Being it was a 2-tone blank, any problems with the decal covering both colors and showing through or were you able to find an all white spot on the blank??? Also was this a white background decal or a clear??? Any problems applying CA over acrylic and is there any chipping problems later on??? Thanks and thanks for showing.

I am going to go backwards to answer your questions, I have done a bunch of these over the last year or so and have not had any reports of chipping or peeling. After applying the decal I let it dry for 2 days before applying the CA, to get rid of all of the water (I have rushed one or two and got some clouding in the past).
I have not had any problems applying the CA to Acrylic, I use thick CA and Apply with a plastic bag on slow speed, Mist with Accelerator, let dry and re-apply 4 or 5 coats, Wet sand to 600, MM, plastix polish and buff.
This is a clear Decal and works best on a white background, I could see that this blank had a large white area so I set it up to be in the center more or less. The clear decals lose their contrast on dark colors and appear to be absorbed by the darker colors, which can be used to give some good special effects. I hope this answers your questions satisfactorily.
Thanks for looking and asking. :)

maxman400

Is that a "singing monkey ball" you are using to prop up the pen?
The package says "Rattle snake eggs", They are magnets and if you hold them apart just a little and toss them in the air, when they hit each other they chatter like a rattle snake. Scares little brats, girls, and some grown MEN. :eek: LOL :biggrin: And make a good Pen Prop.

seamus7227

That really is a great match-up with material and kit! I hope you become inundated with orders for more of these from other Marshalls! Great Job!

76winger

It really looks phenomenal!!!

I've not been a big fan of the styling on the Civil War pen, but the way you've made that one look with the choice of plating and blank color combination, I could be changing my mind. Nice job!

Top Bottom