two from saturday

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rich gubbin

rich gubbin

Hi all,
Heres two i,d been looking forward to making all week, the polaris was inspired by the new Ghostrider movie and the barrel reminds me of the old custom flame paintwork, the hardware is the Rhodium plated kit. Really nice kit compared to the cheaper chinese kits.
The other is an inlace acrylester blank, the first attempt shattered on the lathe 2 weeks ago and i,ve been waiting for a replacement, i think it goes well with the stars and moon design. Comments and critique welcome.

rgrds
Rich

Attachments

• flamed polaris.jpg
    flamed polaris.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 260
  • twilight to starlight.jpg
    twilight to starlight.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 224
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jgrden

When a person looks forward to a project, the results are usually very good. Your work is a perfect example of my profound statement.

ironman123

Looks like a Saturday well spent John. They both really look good. My choice is the Polaris. I like the blank on the other one but not real fond of the stars and moon hardware (not my cup of tea).

Ray

OOPS

I really like the Polaris. Beautiful blank and nice match with the hardware. Also, the photo is excellent. I have not seen the other pen kit before. I too am not big on stars and moon stuff, but the blank is really nice. But I LOVE that Polaris!

Carl Fisher

Both very nice pens. I think I like the sculpted over the polaris but great job on both.

What did you think about the assembly on the sculpted? I've found them to be very unfriendly to assemble...especially the cap/clip assembly.

rich gubbin

The assembly wasnt to bad Carl, i did have one problem were the brass cylinder that fits into the barrel had not been machined or drilled out, my supplier sent out a replacement next day. i suppose it can be a bit fiddly to assemble the clip and cap, i do this in the drill press with a small piece of cloth over the cap to prevent it being marked.

Carl Fisher

Yeah, of the 3 sculpted kits we've done, I was only able to press the small insert piece all the way onto the cap so that it locked the clip in place one 1 of them. The other 2 would press about 1/3 of the way and absolutely no further. Ended up just pressing them in loose which of course left the clip a bit loose and for the life of me I can't figure out how to disassemble the kit without completely destroying the components.

Top Bottom