Tornado Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from THarvey

THarvey

The tornados that ripped through Alabama, last week, were just a few miles north of my house.

The destruction is devastating.

I had this pen made and ready to put on my website. Instead, I have decided to auction the pen, with the proceeds going to tornado relief in my area. I am providing the pen and shipping anywhere in the world. All the proceeds from the auction will go to one of the agencies working tornado relief.

Bloody Basin Red Jasper TruStone El Grande Fountain Pen.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• El Grande - Red Jasper TruStone 1.jpg
    El Grande - Red Jasper TruStone 1.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 260
  • El Grande - Red Jasper TruStone 2.jpg
    El Grande - Red Jasper TruStone 2.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 215
  • El Grande - Red Jasper TruStone 3.jpg
    El Grande - Red Jasper TruStone 3.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 155
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Perl

I live in Birmingham and have been working the past week in Pleasant Grove (just a few miles north of me) which was hit VERY HARD by the past tornadoes. My daughter and her family lost their home and most of the contents. I actually was going through the rubble of their home with her husband and found what was left of a deer mount. It was broken, like everything else, and my son in law ripped off the remaining antler and tossed it to me "here you might as well make a pen out of it now." WOW didn't really know what to say or do. Probably will wait a while and do just that. Maybe down the road it will make a gift back to him. I will start out the bids on your pen at $50.

THarvey

Thanks guys. I was not trying to start an auction on here. I think that may violate the AUP.

If Jeff will agree, I will continue to receive the bids here.

The auction is actually taking place on my facebook page. The current bid is $80. Bidding closes Saturday 7:00PM Central

If you are on facebook, send me a friend request. I am listed as Tim Harvey, located in Anniston, Alabama.

THarvey

I live in Birmingham and have been working the past week in Pleasant Grove (just a few miles north of me) which was hit VERY HARD by the past tornadoes. My daughter and her family lost their home and most of the contents. I actually was going through the rubble of their home with her husband and found what was left of a deer mount. It was broken, like everything else, and my son in law ripped off the remaining antler and tossed it to me "here you might as well make a pen out of it now." WOW didn't really know what to say or do. Probably will wait a while and do just that. Maybe down the road it will make a gift back to him. I will start out the bids on your pen at $50.

We are just south of Ohatchee, Websters Chapel, Pleasant Valley... Our church has prepared means for workers and families. Loaded four trucks with water Sunday afternoon.

Perl

I have tried to figure how to turn a bad thing into something a little more positive. I have thought about getting a piece of lumber from the house and making some pens, maybe a piece of the hardwood floor...if i can find any?!?!? Their was a peach and a pear tree in the back yard.....has anyone ever made a pen out of these two? Any suggestions on how to commemorate such a loss? Probably not anytime soon, but a year or so from now these ideas might be appreciated......i hope.

wiset1

It's a great looking pen going towards a good cause! I hope you see hundreds for it

firewhatfire

I have turned peach and pear and both make good looking pens. I am down in Shelby County and we were spared most of the damage. The peach one I have turned make a more appealing pen. I cant keep one arond long.

My family is available to help a few hours on Saturday if either of you are in need, can clean debris or whatever. I have a chainsaw to bring if needed.

Phil

Top Bottom