Thought Pelikans were ugly

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dalecamino

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Until Mike and Linda introduced me to the Pelikan Pens. Thanks kids! :biggrin: Made this one for a friend, whom I will let make himself known if he wants. Got the blank from Indy-Pen-Dance. This nib is a #5 Heritance semi flex, also from IPD. The section is of Ebonite. The pen measures 5-5/8" capped. But it fits nicely in my shirt pocket.:biggrin: Ernie Borraga sent me some buffing wheels, and compounds. So THAT'S why the pen looks like glass :eek::biggrin: Thanks Ernie!!

Thanks for looking!:wink:

Attachments

• IMG_1286.JPG
    IMG_1286.JPG
    156.1 KB · Views: 338
  • IMG_1287.JPG
    IMG_1287.JPG
    217.1 KB · Views: 360
  • IMG_1288.JPG
    IMG_1288.JPG
    177.1 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_1289.JPG
    IMG_1289.JPG
    199.9 KB · Views: 288
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Mmmm, that's gorgeous, Chuck. That's my favorite of those I've seen from you.
:biggrin: Thanks Robert, I must be progressing then?

Great looking pen Chuck! Love the blank. What are the rings on the cap made of and where did you get the clip?
Thank you. I believe IPD had these clips.

Good looking pen AND its in focus!
Thanks Mike. I've surprised myself again.

Very sharp pen! I like the detail in the cap finial.
Thank you, I try to get them as close as I can, without actually HAVING one. I have a printed photo, with a few angles.

IPD_Mr

Thank you, I try to get them as close as I can, without actually HAVING one. I have a printed photo, with a few angles.

Chuck I can hook you up with a 1935 real Pelikan lapis if you are interested. :biggrin::tongue::biggrin:

Great looking pen. It is amazing how much better you get with each one you do. I think even Rick Propas would like this one.

jasontg99

Chuck,

Yep, I want it. :biggrin::rolleyes: Do I send the money to the same paypal account? :eek: HAHA. That is absolutely beautiful. I love seeing your creations!

Jason

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
It looks awesome Chuck!! Glad you liked the buffing stuff. And it even looks like you got that camera fixed:biggrin:. Magnificent work as usual.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader

Chuck I can hook you up with a 1935 real Pelikan lapis if you are interested. :biggrin::tongue::biggrin:

Great looking pen. It is amazing how much better you get with each one you do. I think even Rick Propas would like this one.
Thanks Mike. Are we talking trade? :biggrin: Is Rick Propas someone important?:confused::tongue::biggrin:

Chuck,

Yep, I want it. :biggrin::rolleyes: Do I send the money to the same paypal account? :eek: HAHA. That is absolutely beautiful. I love seeing your creations!

Jason
Thanks Jason. I probably should have done ONE MORE, before yours. Any time pal. You can get another one.:wink::biggrin:

Chuck,

Jason

jealous!:mad: I want to see it when you get it!!

Very nice pen Chuck! That is a keeper without a doubt!
Thank you Fred!

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
It looks awesome Chuck!! Glad you liked the buffing stuff. And it even looks like you got that camera fixed:biggrin:. Magnificent work as usual.
Thank you Ernie. I learned something of high value with the buff. I appreciate it. Yes, the CAMERA.....my nightmare:redface: These will do for now I guess

propencity

Nice one Chuck. I like the use of the bands on the cap; it really blends well with the blank and clip chosen. Anything different about tapping the cap w/ the bands? Reason for asking is I'm working on my first custom using washers as bands.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Another winner, Chuck! I do happen to have a Pelican or two, and I wouldn't mind having this in my pocket ever!
Thank you Billy. I've taken a liking to the Pelikan. We can arrange for you to have another. :biggrin:

Nice one Chuck!!
Thank you Bruce!

Nice one Chuck. I like the use of the bands on the cap; it really blends well with the blank and clip chosen. Anything different about tapping the cap w/ the bands? Reason for asking is I'm working on my first custom using washers as bands.
Thanks Mark. Nothing special about drilling and tapping. Just don't be too aggressive. George and I, both have tutorials in the library. I use a 13mm drill bit, which will give you enough meat to drill, and tap the threads, without touching the bands with the 7/16ths drill bit. Use plenty of epoxy when you glue up the parts.

Beautiful
Thank you!

Another winner Chuck. You're definitely on a roll.

Mike
Thanks Mike! It's all your fault.:biggrin:

cnirenberg

Great looking pen Chuck. I love the color of the material. Looks like you are "tuned-in" to the new lathe....

Last edited:

OKLAHOMAN

I just couldn't help myself as I have no will power, besides my days have gone from bad to worse and I needed a pick-me-up and this certainly provided me one. Beautiful, fantastic, gorgeous, excellent and I've run out of superlatives. Thank you my friend.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Great looking pen Chuck. I love the color of the material. Looks like you are "tuned-in" to the new lathe....
Thanks Cris. I really like this lathe.

I just couldn't help myself as I have no will power, besides my days have gone from bad to worse and I needed a pick-me-up and this certainly provided me one. Beautiful, fantastic, gorgeous, excellent and I've run out of superlatives. Thank you my friend.
You lasted longer than I expected :biggrin: I do hope you like the pen. Thanks for the trade. It was very kind of you to consider it.

I filled the memory card in the camera yesterday. But, here's another shot. I wanted to show another feature of your pen. The barrel finial is removable for ease of filling. BTW, that IS an aluminum tenon on the finial. I had to repair some damage to the original.:redface: Sometimes, stuff happens :biggrin: But, it's in there good and solid. Thanks again Roy, it was an honor to make this pen for you.

Attachments

• IMG_1290.JPG
    IMG_1290.JPG
    126.4 KB · Views: 129

OKLAHOMAN

My blue Pelikan flew in today and I can't be more happy. Thanks Chuck it's more than I expected.
(This Post is to make Jason jealous:biggrin:)

PTownSubbie

My blue Pelikan flew in today and I can't be more happy. Thanks Chuck it's more than I expected.

I think it made me more jealous than it did him! He already has one.....

Nice snag Roy!....nobody likes gloaters....:biggrin::tongue:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Chuck: You don't have to take all that stuff about your pictures, from Ernie and Mike, if you don't want to!!! :biggrin::biggrin: Beautiful work, and you DO seem to get better with each one.

Yes he does.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I'm glad you're pleased with the pen Roy. Thank you for the opportunity. I can't be more pleased with the material you sent me as well.

I think it made me more jealous than it did him! He already has one.....

Nice snag Roy!....nobody likes gloaters....:biggrin::tongue:
Are you next Fred?:biggrin:

Chuck: You don't have to take all that stuff about your pictures, from Ernie and Mike, if you don't want to!!! :biggrin::biggrin: Beautiful work, and you DO seem to get better with each one.
They HAVE to find something to pick at :biggrin:

:tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue:

O.k. If you say so!!! :wink::rolleyes:

Thanks Joe!

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Dale, I love every pen of yours I've seen! Always have. This one is particulatly stunning! (I am quite partial to that blue color). Keep it up. Oh, and I think your pictures here are fine.

Top Bottom