Thin Blue Line for a friend

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from elkhorn

elkhorn

A friend of mine was recently promoted in our police department and I wanted to make a gift for him. The blank is from Bear Tooth Woods, but I wanted to make it a Thin Blue Line. Since I don't cast blanks, I turned the blank from Bear Tooth, scribed a groove at the top, painted it blue, CA, then polish. It looks a little dark in the photo, but stands out nicely. Mated to a gunmetal bolt action kit.

C & C always welcome.

Attachments

• Thin Blue Line Bolt Action.jpg
    Thin Blue Line Bolt Action.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 476
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stuckinohio

I haven't seen that. From the picture it looks like it's dimensional! Thanks for the link. I need to check beat tooth woods.

elkhorn

June & Jallan, thank you for the compliments.

Jallan, thank you for your service as a police officer.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Great pen! And great idea. My next door neighbor and Police Chief of my small home town is retiring Jan 1. This is a great idea if you don't mind me borrowing it for him.

THANKS for posting this. Beautiful Art Work!

elkhorn

Mark, thanks for the compliment! I don't know about that "pro" thing however:confused: Hope all is well at Hobble Creek.

Hank, thank you! The art work is not mine - it's a blank that Bear Tooth Woods sells. All I did was add the thin blue line. I hope your neighbor enjoys it when you make it for him:biggrin:

Bob, thank you! I really appreciate it:)

Top Bottom