Take a guess?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Polarys425

Polarys425

This pen is just a simple slimline i made as a trial piece. I wanted to test the whether the blank i used would work or not.

Anyone care to guess or know what material the blank is?

Attachments

• DSC_0040.jpg
    DSC_0040.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 362
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Andrew Arndts

Genuine simulated wood grained plastic.
no wait, that is what is on my microwave case

Last edited:

Polarys425

Drum roll please.......

I was in Lowes the other day looking at flooring, and happened to notice samples for solid bamboo flooring. They had several colors, cost $.98 each. The color you see on this pen is the color that i bought it in. This one i cut diagonal on the grain. The down side is, they are only 1/2" thick, and for some reason the bit wanders when drilling.

They also have other hardwood flooring samples, 3/4" thick, $.98 ea. On the flip side Home Depot also had samples, oak and maple, that were FREE.

I have a piece of natural color bamboo that im gonna make another pen out of, i wanna see if i can find a shorter 7mm bit to help reduce the bit flex, and subsequent wandering.

Mark

Yeah the mineral block would be interesting. :eek:

On the bamboo, was that the stranded bamboo? I didn't see the tell tale knuckles usually found in the bamboo flooring, be it horizontal or vertical cut.

ctubbs

Bamboo? KOOOOLLL! That is one fine looking timber. I'll have to check my local Lowes and see what else in on the floor. Thanks for the heads up.
Charles

Top Bottom