Subaru Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from yorkie

yorkie

I recently made a series of Statesman pens for Subaru to use as gifts for the owners of their dealerships.

I bought blue dyed Buckeye burl and further dyed it on the lathe to try to match the Subaru blue, and then had the logo engraved on each pen in silver to match the silver of the logo.

it seems I was one short, so they asked for another last week, here it is before being engraved and the series of pens I finished with the engraving. I charged $180 per pen.

The finish is spray lacquer. I would have done CA but only recently mastered that finish, so in order to make sure it matched the rest of them, I stuck with the lacquer finish.

Attachments

• IMG_6166.jpg
    IMG_6166.jpg
    289.9 KB · Views: 321
  • IMG_5985.jpg
    IMG_5985.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 466
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

seamus7227

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on the sale!! You should be proud! Did you include business cards and boxes to go with them?

yorkie

I added an acrylic as a thank you to the guy placing the order for Subaru. It wasn't an Ancient Mars though, it was a Heat Wave acrylic from Australia.

Thanks for the compliments, guys. I'm hoping once they present them I will have a bigger order for more dealerships.

Top Bottom