A Star is born?? (Tornadic Twists)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ed4copies

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Spent the last couple days learning about some blanks I had not worked with before (sorry, English language--you have been butchered!)

Here is one result that I really like---and it will be the star of an upcoming video presentation, I have heard from a knowledgeable source!!

Dawn is responsible for the photos---give her a camera for Christmas and by late Spring she is making "frame-ables"!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Comments are always appreciated and critiques endured!!:confused::confused:

If you are able to increase the screen brightness, the pen looks much more interesting!!

Attachments

• IMG_5022.JPG
    IMG_5022.JPG
    185 KB · Views: 306
  • IMG_5034.JPG
    IMG_5034.JPG
    170.8 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_5037.JPG
    IMG_5037.JPG
    108 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_5053.JPG
    IMG_5053.JPG
    207.7 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

I wasn't expecting what I saw....was thinking you had been 'touched' by a tornado or something from the title!

Dawn looks to be well on the way into the 'vortex' of the camera world too!(wish Lyn would become 'one-with-the-camera')

Interesting depth on the blank. Well done!

Scott (I don't much like tornado weather) B

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Very nice pen. What kit is it?

This is the Atrax, in upgrade gold--
yes, it is available in rollerball on this same component set or it is also made as a ballpoint with slightly different dimensions for the tubes, but a great match throughout the set.

I often recommend the atrax because it is "minimalist"--allowing the blank to get the attention. Additionally, it is economical.

Thanks for asking!!!
Ed

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
The making of this pen is now on YouTube!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQcZb4Dy19c&feature=youtu.be

To be honest, I made two of these pens. I was very disappointed in the first one---but Dawn told me I should have reverse painted. So, dubious of the possibilities, I started this one. I did everything I could to back paint, paint the tubes, etc. Thoroughly expected to be able to see all of that through the finished pen.

I CANNOT!!! The pen is GORGEOUS!!! Reverse painted with a mix of red and black paint--aiming for burgundy----I think I GOT closer to brown. BUT, it is still a GREAT looking color!!

Just proves, again, that painting is ALWAYS the safest route.

Comments and critiques are welcome.

ed

Top Bottom