Stabelized Spanish Oak

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from HeartofaPen

HeartofaPen

This is a Jr. Gents copper made with a piece of stabelized Spanish Oak. The Spanish Oak was a piece that Mesquiteman stabelized last Saturday in a demo at the Central Texas meeting.

Comments welcome and thanks for looking.

Chris

Attachments

• 11-021.1.JPG
    11-021.1.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 276
  • 11-021.2.JPG
    11-021.2.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 212
  • 11-021.3.JPG
    11-021.3.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 253
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PaulDoug

Beautiful wood and nice job turning it. I'm not a fan of copper color kits, but that is just personal preference. Most people will love it. But, holly cow that is pretty wood.

OKLAHOMAN

Chris, you done good, job well done and to answere Toni, your right the Jr. Gent does not come in copper that's a Jr. Retro.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Chris, you done good, job well done and to answere Toni, your right the Jr. Gent does not come in copper that's a Jr. Retro.

Correction...the Jr. Gent II NO LONGER comes in copper but it did at one time! I know because I was looking through a bunch of kits I have and found 3 Jr. Gent IIs in copper in my stash. I do agree that pen is a Jr. Retro, though.

Chris, nice pen, btw. How did the blank turn?

Last edited:

bitshird

Not a big fan of Copper, but the Jr. Retro is one of my favorite kits, and the wood compliments the plating and vice versa. good looking pen!

HeartofaPen

Everyone is right, it is a Jr Retro. I was the first of these I have made and was not paying attention when I pulled it from the bin I keep all of the Jr series kits in. I do have a couple of Jr. Gents coppet though. I got them when Craft Supply was clearancing them out.

Curtis, This blank turned really smooth. Did not have any problems out of it at all. The White Oak I brought over and you stabelized did not fair as well. I will have to stabelize them twice most likely. Will see once I get my vacuum pump.

Frank, this was one that Curtis stabelized last Saturday that he gave to us before we left.

Thanks for the feedb ack. As for the finish, I am getting better at it with every pen i finish.

Top Bottom