Spring Loaded Nuts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from skiprat

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Here's another pic of my Wk4 pen challenge entry. The hardest part to make was bending the stainless welding rod for the spring.
I didn't do the knurling on the grip. My knurler can only do a narrow band, this piece was from a broken pencil. The aluminium nuts are transport caps on stuff my company makes in USA. Getting the anodizing off was a nightmare.
The PR is my first mix:D

20081318514_penandstand2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Simply amazing. When ever we start to wonder what more can be done in a few inches between a nib and a finial you remind us of the endless possibilities.

jhs494

Just outstanding! Once again you have managed two think outside of the box.
Very nice looking PR.

pipeyeti

Next time you need to remove anodizing use EZOff oven cleaner. Put the parts in a baggie and spray the cleaner in almost immediatley it will start to disolve the anodizing. once all the color is removed wash the parts good in plenty of water to neutralize the acid. Make sure that the ezoff you use is not the no smell kind use the good old smelly stuff. I have used this many times and works like a champ.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Larry, that is a fantastic tip, thanks:D It would have saved me hours of sanding. There were some deep scratches through the anodizing that I had to sand out anyway, but in the main it would have really really helped.[xx(]

I also recieved another cool tip on knurling via e-mail. As soon as I try it out I will thank him online;)

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by alamocdc

And this is exactly why I didn't bother with a submission, Steven. ;) Outstanding work as always![^]

Some of us know when we are "out of our depth".

Magnificent, Skippy.

But, so was the competition!!![:0][:0][:0][:0]

PR_Princess

Originally posted by workinforwood

That doesn't raise the bar just a bit! ;)

Nope, a whole bunch!!!![:p][:p][:p]

What can I say? Just wonderful Skip! Great job on the pen....and PR too. But that pen holder, well, that is my favourite part!! (Or is it parts?)

As for the title......
tapedshut.gif

bitshird

Steve, I think if you stay at this awhile, you may get the hang of making totaly outrageous pens, your creativity astounds me....[:p][:p][:p][:p][^][^]:D

philb

Awesome pen and holder!

Still trying to work out how its all made, paut together and then sanded and buffed, while keeping all the detail of the bug nuts!!

Good Effort!!

VisExp

Ever time I see one of you works of art I feel the tug of the "metal lathe vortex". I'm trying to resist as I have so many ideas for my woodworking lathe and to little time. You are going to have to stop posting as it's becoming harder and harder to resist!

(And from the far side of the big pond he hears an evil laugh, BWAAAA HA HA, HA, resistance is futile [}:)][}:)][}:)])

Top Bottom