Snake Zen into Lanyard

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MartinPens

MartinPens

This was super simple guys and gals. Used a punch tool to disassemble the cap. Mounted the top cap piece into my PSI micro chuck. Drilled a hole (7/32). Bought a boot shoestring (bootstring?) and put it through the hole - tied a knot - put a spot of CA on the knot and cut the extra off and trimmed it close. It all pokes inside the cap piece. I left off the clip since it's not needed anymore and reassembled. Snakeskin blank is from Seamus7227. Thanks Seamus!

So nice to do something in 30 minutes during a rushed day and have it turn out.

p.s. Make sure you give the cap time to de-gas if you use CA on the knot. This will be a popular alteration for sure.

Martin

Attachments

• ZenLaniar-9199.jpg
    ZenLaniar-9199.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 302
  • ZenLaniar-9200.jpg
    ZenLaniar-9200.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 248
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

witz1976

Very cool idea. As a suggestion, hit the Army Surplus store & get some parachute cord. It is a great olive drab green and the stitching is tighter than the bootlace. Plus you can melt the ends of the cord rather than tie them.

But this is a great pen!

PenPal

Martin,

Of the Zen I have no precoceived impressions so looking at it I see a beaut pen, Seamus you made a delightful blank with the Snake Skin.

The Lanyard idea has merit succeeding with a practical, mobile pen everready to make its mark.

Special pens deserve all the praise and honour for taking the two good concepts to another level.

Appreciate the efforts and satisfaction when a plan comes together.

Kind regards Peter.

ToddMR

Very nice pen and great looking blank too. You did a good job modding this pen. I think it looks really good like that.

wizard

Martin, Extremely creative and beautiful pen!! I'm not sure I would want to wear something with snake skin on it around my neck. My only phobia is that of snakes:eek::eek::eek::eek:. Regards, Doc:wink:

Katsin

Great looking pen Martin! You do some real creative things with your pens.

I've got a few Zen kits on order and looking forward to giving that kit a try.

MartinPens

Thanks everyone. I'm rather hooked on this kit right now. I'm going to make several of them with different woods. There are a lot of doctors and nurses in this area and a lanyard pen would be very popular. I'm going to see if there is interest in a large kit quantity purchase in the group buys section. If interested keep your eyes peeled.

Thanks again.

Martin

Katsin

There are a lot of doctors and nurses in this area and a lanyard pen would be very popular.

One thing to possibly check on with the magnet is pacemaker friendliness. Not sure if a magnet could effect one and, if so, how strong it would have to be to have an effect.

MartinPens

six inch rule

There are a lot of doctors and nurses in this area and a lanyard pen would be very popular.

One thing to possibly check on with the magnet is pacemaker friendliness. Not sure if a magnet could effect one and, if so, how strong it would have to be to have an effect.

Yes, these pens, due to the magnet, do not mix well with pacemakers. The warning included on the purchase page is something that I will print and place with each pen. Although pacemakers have an internal switch which is activated when a magnetic device gets too close, the "auto" mode the switch places the pacemaker into may be different than what it is set up to do - so it's not a good idea to wear a magnetic pen lanyard if you have a pacemaker.

Martin

Top Bottom