Slimlines

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from kludge77

kludge77

Cranked out a few slimlines this weekend, to add to the case. Nothing special but they came out nice.

Turned 5 keepers and one reject

1_slimlines.jpg

Blackwood/Redheart
Ziricote
Marblewood
Claro Walnut (reject. I flipped the top barrel and had the grain all wonky)
Jatoba
Jatoba/Blackwood

C&C welcome. Shot with a crappy camera phone.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

renowb

Pretty darn cool! I like the Blackheart/Redheart, but they are all nice.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Hey Peter!!!

Nice group of pens. Now, dump the centerband and make your own from a contrasting wood. Especially for the pens that have the neat two-tone tops!!

Then you can make the profile more flowing, without having to transition back to the smaller center---you'll like the look!!!

kludge77

Nice! but dang.. I was hoping the link to Reject would show what you considered a reject :)

Nothing horrible. Just not a good looking pen. I flipped the barrel and accidentally had the grain running the wrong way.

Since I'm only in the pen about $4 or so. I'd rather give it away in hopes of drumming up business than hassle with dis-assembly and fixing it.

PenPal

Peter from one Peter to another I am partly in agreement with Ed however I tend to use a centre band from the Streamline available cheaply separately that allows a fatter pen that will suit your quality timbers. Disregarding the traditional centre band idea can jolt a large number of people who after all are the buyers. Looking at pricing from the making selling angles there is so much only in this market.

Having said that I made Slims in the waisted shape as yours presented here for 15 yrs with enormous acceptance. I like your pens anyway they are well made with differences other styles add to the arsenal.

Regards Peter.

Fat Boy

nice work, sadly your "crappy camera phone" takes better pictures than my brand new sony camera, hence the reason i have no pics :(

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
nice work, sadly your "crappy camera phone" takes better pictures than my brand new sony camera, hence the reason i have no pics :(

I hate to speak heresy and, at the risk of losing my spot at the "Man=table", try reading the manual with your Sony.:eek::eek::eek:

I was astonished at the features---and the manual made it sound so simple even I COULD do it!!

(When you post pictures, just say you "figured it out"--sounds a lot better than "read the manual")

Fat Boy

I hate to speak heresy and, at the risk of losing my spot at the "Man=table", try reading the manual with your Sony.:eek::eek::eek:

I was astonished at the features---and the manual made it sound so simple even I COULD do it!!

(When you post pictures, just say you "figured it out"--sounds a lot better than "read the manual")

wow them's fightin' words when you tell a guy to read the directions! it says easy shot so i bought it! i will try to "figure it out" tonight :biggrin:

Top Bottom