Sierra pens with Colonial Red Gum & SWC

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from tgsean

tgsean

Here are 2 Sierra pens I made for friends. The red one is Colonial red gum curl provided by George's Bits of Timber and the other one is South West Carpet python. Both finished with CA glue.

I am curious anyone encountered sneezing with either CA glue or accelerator? :confused:

Cheers,
Sean

Attachments

• Colonial Red Gum Curl.jpg
    Colonial Red Gum Curl.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 171
  • CRG Curl and SWC Python.jpg
    CRG Curl and SWC Python.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 173
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Wow Sean, you are making great work, mate...!

I may be wrong but, I think that is the first pen I saw made with my Colonial Red Gum Curly and you fir and finish are very good, indeed...!

CA is well known to play havoc with many people, the fumes it produces when used are in fact a nasty toxic devil, I don't think that the accelerator would irritate you nose more that acetone would but, don't quote me on that, I'm not going to be surprised if one day someone finds out is as toxic as the CA fumes are.

CA sawdust from sanding is equally a Devil to the lungs, a good dusk mask is advised or, do all the CA sanding in wet and dry system, that will stop any dust.

A simple fan close to you, blowing the fumes away towards a door/window/exit, etc., is one of the most effective defences you have, voiding to bend down too close to the surface you are laying the CA on, that is a big, big mistake...!:biggrin:

Cheers
George

OZturner

A Great pair of Pens, Sean,
The Grain on the Reg Gum is fantastic,
The Python is very Striking.
Your Fit and Finish is Excellent.
The CA as George said, does Fume off considerably, must be used in a well ventilated area, ideally with a fan to disperse the Fumes.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Top Bottom