The Second Six Months......

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from woodscavenger

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodscavenger

I guess I have been at this about 6 months now. Hopefully I have learned a bunch. I have definitely had a blast making pens. Lately I have decided to make some for myself. These are some of my efforts.

Statesman FP, Rhodium Kit with Red Mallee.....it's going to take some money to get this out of my hands. I am waiting for a FP nib so I can put one of Anthony's 14k nibs in it.
DSC02006.jpg

Olympia kits from BB. I didn't like the traditional step off so I mad the bottom barrel larger with a small stepped tenon that sit inside the CB. The woods are spalted maple, Desert Ironwood, BOW, Tigerwood.

DSC02008.jpg

Moooooo....it's a cow pen. Traditional non-posting RB from PSI with a snap cap. Fun and easy little kits to play with.
DSC02018.jpg

A calligraphy nib from CSUSA put in a traditional RB kit from PSI with red/black/speckled acrylic. This is a fun pen.
DSC02015.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Shane, I give ya a dollarthreeeightynine for the first one and buy the nib myself... [}:)][}:)][}:)]
Beautiful pen... It would definately take some dollars to get it out of my hands if it were mine...
Interesting mod on the Olympia kits.. have not made that one yet.. already got too many types in inventory... what is the size compared to the RT Euro... if it is close to the Elegant American I might replace them with this....
Like your cow pen.. what blank is that...

JimGo

Shane,
They ALL look great! Pesonally, I like the shape of the cow pen best...very nice! Although, the red malee Statesman looks pretty good too. You know, I'm having trouble picking one...I think you'd better send them both to me for further, long-term "inspection", then I'll let you know which one I like better. What do you think? [:D]

wayneis

Very nice work Shane, I especially like your rework of the Olympia that gives the pen a better line in my opinion and I think that now I'll give it a try. They are all nice pens but the Olympia's stick out to me.

Tom you should give the Olympia a go as I think that you would like it better than the Elegant American. There are more that you can do with the Olympia also with Shane's pen today as an example.

Wayne

Nice Work Shane!

I've done the same on pens with a step like that. I think they look better with a bigger bottom, but to me they feel better with a smaller then standard bottom.

woodwish

I have also made some with the bigger bottoms and use one of them daily. I think I actually prefer the bigger size but others have asked me how I can stand to use such a fat pen. Either way, you did a beautiful job on those.

But to be totally honest- it was the Statesman that I was really impressed with. That is one nice pen! You should be very proud of that one! [8D][8D]

woodscavenger

Griz, I have not done a Euro so I can't speak to the size but with the modified bottom (normally it is about the same as a bushing to bushing 7mm kit) it is a nice sized pen. Not as big or heavy as a cigar and the band can really make a boring wood look good.

The acrylic was from BB I think. Black and white. I like how it turned out. I used the double flare because I was afraid of getting the blank too thin and showing the glue and tube through the acrylic.

elody21

Great job on the pens! How hard is the Olympia to use? I heard there are some problems with the mechenisms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom