The RED, The White, and The Blue

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wiset1

wiset1

After turning all of these pens over the last couple of months it hit me...since I'm in the Army, why not turn one of those fancy laser Stars & Stripes kit! So here it is...I'm sure everyone has done one of these :eek: so this is my version and I'm very proud of it.:RockOn: Just thought I would share. The stain didn't go through in all of the blue and red ares so it looks like it has a blemish or two, but it's actually the wood. 12 coats of thin CA and 2 coats of thick.

5224374144_46a408c20f_z.jpg

Proud to serve!

V/r
Tim

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Froggy

Beautiful pen!
I've been wanting to turn one also.
Now I have more incentive.
And Thank You for your service! :usflag:

Chris

wiset1

I have to say...this was one of the easiest pens to turn. It only took a couple sweeps across the face and it was already at the bushings and ready for sanding. It is a bit of a pain to insert all of the stars, but well worth it when you think about the final pen. I'm thinking about getting a couple of these kits and making some for the Soldiers in my unit to boost their spirits.

It's a pleasure to serve and I'm pleased to know that our efforts are supported. This feeling is shared by my fellow Soldiers, so Thank you!

Best wishes to all!

Tim

ctubbs

That is a beautiful pen representing a magnificent idea. Thank you for sharing and for defending our precious idea and country. Please pass on to your fellows in arms our deep appreciation of their service. Thank you.
Charles

Parson

Which brand did you use for the wood kit? It looks a lot brighter than all the others I've seen... or is that good photoshop work with saturation and contrast?

wiset1

Thanks again everyone!

The kit was purchased through PSI for the Majestic Jr./Broadwell lines. It may seem a bit bright as a result of the flash setting used and taking the diffuser off. Photoshop was used to sharpen the image a bit. Either way, the kit came from PSI and once turned it has a bit of a antiqued feel to it. A little different than how they advertise it; however, I'm sure it's the dye process...?

Thanks again everyone!

wizard

It's a beautiful pen!!! With great fit, finish and photography. Thank you for showing. In addition, thank you for all you do for us to ensure our freedom. Bless you and take care! Regards, Doc

wiset1

Thanks again for the feedback everyone. My Sergeant Major had a look at this one and said he wanted about 100 of them to hand out at a ceremony! I then told him how much it would cost and the time and he modified the number to just one for him, ha ha ha. I plan to do a couple more in the next month or two...a 100...not likely.

Top Bottom