Recent turnings

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Draken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draken

Thanks for looking and for leaving any comments pro or con. I'll let you all guess what the last one is made out of. :D

Cheers,
Draken

20061023214118_0056KeychainGoldPRCS.jpg

20061023214142_0057SoftgripChromePRCS.jpg

2006102321424_0058BaronGoldTIRedHalaCS.jpg

20061023214231_0059BaronPlatSpElmCS.jpg

20061023214252_0060CEBaronPlatCurlyFlameBoxElderCS.jpg

20061023214313_0061CigarBlkChromeEbonyDymondwoodCS.jpg

20061023214337_0062CigarBlkChromePRCS.jpg

20061023214357_0063FTAmerFiligreeChromePRCS.jpg

20061023214439_0064CigarBlkChromePRCS.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hilltopper46

Some kind of thread or yarn wound around the barrel and then cast in PR??

BTW - I like them all - especially the all-black cigar. I would like to know the materials on all the pens.

I really like the shape of the soft grip pen. I would like to see it with the exact same treatment but without the C.B. It is my favorite of all the pens, though they are all well done. The last one has an awsome blank, though it looks great with the kit, seems like it may go better on a more feminine pen.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I have dozens of soft grip pieces that I have never used.

THAT is a nice looking pen!!!!! If you want more soft grips, send me an e-mail - YOU put them to good use!

Oh, the others are nicely done, also!

Draken

Originally posted by ed4copies
<br />I have dozens of soft grip pieces that I have never used.

THAT is a nice looking pen!!!!! If you want more soft grips, send me an e-mail - YOU put them to good use!

Oh, the others are nicely done, also!

Just may have to take you up on that offer. Let me see what my budget is looking line and I'll get back to you. [:D] I'll post the material list for the pens in a bit, work beckons.

Cheers,
Draken

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Maybe I was unclear.

If you want the black, grippy part, I will GIVE them to you!

I have a bunch and I use the kit without the rubber, cause I don't have your skill in incorporating it- mine look like crap. (that's a technical term!!)

Draken

Ok, here they are in order, all PR's are my own casting.

PR
PR
Red Hala
Spalted Elm
Curly Flame Box Elder
Midnight Ebony Dymondwood
PR
PR
Holographic sticker clear cast in PR (most who see this one in person guess copper wire or a stack of pennies).

Now I understand you Ed! I thought you had the whole kits you wanted to dump. What other kits would the grippy parts work with? On that particular pen, the first person I showed it to, bought it! [:D]

Thanks for all the comments. I'm not totally sure I like the shape of the CE. While different that what is usually seen here, it just doesn't look as sleek as some of those I've seen. But hey, since some of you here like it, guess there's hope for it after all (it didn't go over too well where I work).

Cheers,
Draken

Now I understand you Ed! I thought you had the whole kits you wanted to dump. What other kits would the grippy parts work with? On that particular pen, the first person I showed it to, bought it!
The gripper will work with any slimline kit. The soft grip kit just has a larger diameter c.b.

Draken

Originally posted by BigRob777
<br />James,
Red hala? Is that a new name for palm?
Rob

All I know is that is what was written on the blank, so either it is correct, or I can't read, or someone's writing can't be read. [B)]

*shrug*
Draken

Dario

Originally posted by Draken
<br />
All I know is that is what was written on the blank, so either it is correct, or I can't read, or someone's writing can't be read.

Originally posted by BigRob777
<br />James,
It is red palm and it can be hard to write on. If it came from me, I have sloppy handwriting to begin with.
It's a nice pen, in any case.
Rob

It is RED HALA and it came from me [;)]. Search the web you might find some. It is from Hawaii.

I think the Spalted Elm and Curly Flame Box Elder are also from me [}:)]

panini

Red Hala is called the pandanas tree or Lauhala, a very useful tree, leave are woven for mats and hats. It's joking called the pineapple tree because the fruit looks like pineapple. These trees grow in the South Pacific and Hawaii..

Dario

It does turn like palm, you have to be careful or else... [;)]

CA helps a lot in my case and Draken really did a good job on this.

Draken

I was pretty sure I got it from you Dario, but I didn't want to say that given my earlier comments about handwriting and such. You are correct in that the other two came from you as well, in the infamous Chef Special.

It was tricky to turn, cracked a bit during drilling, but a bit of CA and a clamp took care of that. Now if I could only get my cross cut Monkeypod to stop cracking on me while drilling. Boy does that stuff heat up quick!

Cheers,
Draken

Dario

Draken,

No offense taken..I cannot even read my own handwriting sometimes [:I]. LOL

Now when writing on rough wood and doing a lot of it...it gets even worse.

BigRob777

James,
Now that, I know the origin of. I'm actually getting in some Hawaiian curly monkey pod next week. It seems different than what you got, which came from Central/South America.
Rob

Draken

I'll be interested in seeing some of the curly monkeypod. I have several blanks of the cross cut monkeypod now, and it will be a challenge to see if I can get one drilled out without having it crack. I go slow, and stop often, but it sure does heat up fast!

Dario, didn't mean to imply you had bad handwriting. When the question of whether the name was correct or not, I mentioned it could be, or I couldn't read what was written. I knew the wood came from you, and I didn't want to imply you may have messy handwriting, but it looks like I somehow implied that anyhow. The name on the wood was clear as could be, so there was no messy handwriting that I'm aware of! Hopefully this makes sense.

Cheers,
Draken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom