Purple Crayon Holder

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from watch_art

watch_art

105 – Purple Crayon Holder | newton pens

Made from Purple Webb Acrylic.
Closed 4 1/2 inches – Open without crayon 3 1/4 inches, with crayon about 4 inches -
Posted 6 inches.

img_2852.jpg

img_2854.jpg

img_2858.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

oneptbuk

Very nice! That's right in my little one's wheelhouse. And it's maybe a good place for me to start with customs....

Well done.

SDB777

You just stuff the crayon in then....no funny mechanical thingy to hold it? Cool, definitely the cha-ching free way to go.

Will too short of a crayon cause 'issues' for removing?
Any thoughts on making all 64 colors and offering as a set?

Cool soloring, and neat idea!

Scott (super bling for a crayon) B

LL Woodworks

Now that is cool great idea Shawn and as usual great execution on your part. I love it and my grand daughter and grand son would love it. However, I have some questions as to practicality. What happens when the crayon gets shorter than new? How short of a crayon will it take? Is this a cool thing that when used a few times gets set aside or worse yet, thrown away because it is to much trouble for little ones to mess with? Just sayin?

watch_art

Once the crayon gets too short you put a stub in the barrel to keep the one you're using pushed out. It holds onto crayons with paper better than those without. 8.5mm diameter hole. Without the paper they'd fall right out. I may end up making another section for it to hold paperless crayons tightly as well. :)

Curly

You can put a Crayon in a fancy holder all you want Shawn but it still won't make you colour inside the lines! :rolleyes:

It looks good. Are you going to make one for every colour in the box?

BSea

WOW, cool idea Shawn. I can't believe you didn't mention this on our trip back from Greenbriar. After all, I told you my idea. But remember, MUMs the word.

shhh.jpg

watch_art

I didn't mention it b/c I have a horrible memory and NPR didn't mention it on my way to Little Rock. :tongue:

It was for one of my kickstarter backers.
And what was it you're not wanting me to talk about?? :biggrin:

jd99

What about figuring out a way to have the same thing as the chapstick or lipstick tube has on it, a knurled knob that will push the crayon out as it gets used up?

BSea

What about figuring out a way to have the same thing as the chapstick or lipstick tube has on it, a knurled knob that will push the crayon out as it gets used up?
I was thinking the same thing. Worst case would be to just thread another piece that threads into the baclk of the barrel with a recess to pressure fit the crayon. Then just screw it into the blank from the back to advance the crayon. You could even make a resin locknut. But something that didn't stick out the back, and would still advance the crayon would be better.

Top Bottom