PMG Submission pen (Blown Away)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from greeneyedblackcat

I had promised to post my PMG submission pen after they reviewed it so here it is, My pen incorporates a magnetic transmission of my own design, which I believe is the first ever magnetic transmission, no springs are used in the pen itself, only powerful magnets with opposing fields are utilized for the "spring action". The mechanics of the pen are as follows: when the trigger is pulled the magnetic transmission shoots the bullet nib forward and unlocks the barrel (AKA the pen) from the grip frame assembly, after use the pen is reunited with the grip frame and the cocking lever is pulled rearward reloading the magnetic drive and re-locking the pen to the grip frame. The entire gun/pen is crafted from stainless steel, copper and bloodwood. The PMG accepted it for membership, I hope you like it, --- JJK

Attachments

• gun pen final 5.jpg
    gun pen final 5.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 299
  • gun pen final 4.jpg
    gun pen final 4.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 264
  • gun pen final 3.jpg
    gun pen final 3.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 187
  • gun pen final 2.jpg
    gun pen final 2.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 305
  • gun pen final 1.jpg
    gun pen final 1.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 342
  • gun pen final.jpg
    gun pen final.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 291
  • gun pen final a.jpg
    gun pen final a.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 276
  • Gun pen.jpg
    Gun pen.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 206
  • gun pen a.jpg
    gun pen a.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:

cnirenberg

Wow. Wow. Wow. JIm, it looks like you saved the best one EVER for the PMG. That is awesome. They will be talking about this one for a while. You are the man.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Absolutely world class!!!!!:eek: And of course, welcome to the club:biggrin:
......but there was never any doubt!!!!:biggrin:

Stevej72

Congratulations on your acceptance into PMG. That is a great pen! You are thinking way outside the box on this one. Excellent work, can't wait to see what you come up with next.

BLLEHMAN

Wow, great job! You kind of lost me with the explanation of the transmission but wow! It is great to see someone pushing the envelope of what is possible with this craft. Congratulations on the PMG acceptance.

TX_Planes

I just can't believe the things you come up with. Congrats on the PMG!

Thank you for sharing your creations here. Keep up the good work.

TBone

Ok, there should be two groups. Machinists like you (if there are any others) and normal people. Completely unbelievable. :good: Congrats on being accepted. I love seeing your creations but they sure do remind me of how untalented I am. :frown:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
And I'm still trying to make my pens round ! Congratulations on your acceptance ! I never had a doubt . Very unique pen /gun .

C. Scott

You ought to contact Ruger and see if they'd be interested in buying it ;-). I bet it groups great and looks a whole easier to strip and re-assemble than a Mk. II or III.

Seriously, Beautiful job!

Last edited:

MDEdwards

If your kids took it to school, SWAT would get the call! It does look like a Ruger. Your creativity and skill are terrific. Is the pen heavy?
Michael

If your kids took it to school, SWAT would get the call! It does look like a Ruger. Your creativity and skill are terrific. Is the pen heavy?
Michael
I see we have some people who know their guns out there, Yes it was indeed patterned after my Ruger mark II pistol and the pen AKA the barrel is not too heavy or awkward. If I make a bunch of these things I will have to get a mini gun rack :O

Rick_G

Thought it looked like my Ruger and now I know why. Don't show it to Ruger they will likely want money for basing it on their design. :) Great workmanship and congrats on the PMG.

foamcapt40

Great Job!

Congrats for making it into PMG. I don't have the imagination, the time, the ability, Oh Shucks! Never mind! Faboulous Job! :eek::biggrin:

Roy_Quast

James....
That last pic really shows off the color of the wood. Congrats on making it into the PMG. You deserve it!!! Someday I hope..........nevermind.....

JohnU

Congrats! The pen is outstanding! There was no doubt on your acceptance in my eyes. Your work is always over the top!

Top Bottom