Piano pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Etienne

Etienne

Hello!
My name is Etienne and I live in French Guiana. This is my first post, but I read this forum since 4 years.
Here is a pen I made for the woman I love, Cristiana, of course she play piano (very well...)!
Alternative Ivory, Rhodium Gentleman. I'll change the nib later, for a better one.
Sorry for the pics quality...

Etienne

Attachments

• IMGP0989.JPG
    IMGP0989.JPG
    393.2 KB · Views: 376
  • IMGP0990.JPG
    IMGP0990.JPG
    355.5 KB · Views: 318
  • IMGP1011.JPG
    IMGP1011.JPG
    380.1 KB · Views: 373
  • IMGP1013.JPG
    IMGP1013.JPG
    317.7 KB · Views: 255
  • IMGP1014.JPG
    IMGP1014.JPG
    315.5 KB · Views: 208
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

terryf

Thats a beautiful pen Etienne. I see you have done the inlay on the body yourself. Did you do the cap inlay yourself as well? What is it made of, acrylic? Did you shape the inlay after putting it together or before inserting?

And dont knock the nibs, they're not too bad unless youre going to upgrade to 14K or 18K.

Thanks for sharing.

Etienne

Hi
Thank you
I had made the cap inlay myself too, with the milling machine Proxxon MF70, for the straight lines, and by hand for the rest. I'd put charcoal with CA glue. The inlayof the body and cap was made with the tube inserted.
Of course, for the nib upgrade, 18K .
Material is alternative ivory, and small piece of 'lego' for the black keys.

OKLAHOMAN

First a big welcome, second that is a fantastic piece of work. Please Etienne don't wait another 4 years to post.

johncrane

Welcome Etienne! and what a awesome pen! well done,4 years is a long wait, i agree with Roy so don't wait another 4.
i just had another look at the first photo are they leggos you used to set the blank up, that is really cool first time ive seen that done.

Last edited:

hewunch

Very cool. And that has got to be the most creative use of lego blocks I have seen in a LONG time.

MarkD

Welcome Etienne! Thanks for showing us that beautiful pen! That's quite a first post!

Grizz

Banned
Outstanding!!! I agree, most creative way to use leggos I've seen.

Etienne

Thanks to all
Actually, I'm travelling in Paris, sort of honeymoon, with my girlfriend.
I'll post other pics when back at home.

Etienne

jttheclockman

First, welcome to the site and we are glad to have you. You already proved yourself as a very talented pen maker and if this is just a sample of some of your work I can't wait to see more. It is always refreshing to see new talent with some great blank making abilities and you have proved you are just that. Stick around and show us more. Thanks for showing. Job very well done.

Top Bottom