The Pendley Collection

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from decathloncreations

A client and old friend of mine recently discovered that I started making pens after my retirement from teaching this past year. His former penmaker had retired and he was needing a new pen guy to keep making his signature pen associated with his business. He contacted me after finding out on facebook that I am making pens, and sent me an old pen to see if I could recreate it as closely as possible.

After some work and research, I was able to recreate the design and with the exception of the band, we decided to go with the Classic Twist 24kt Gold pen with various hardwoods.

I am attaching a picture of the results. Several Classic Twists and one Sculpted Twist - using Redwood Burls, Bocote, and Leopard wood. I have not been able to find a supplier that will sell the Sculpted Lattice band separate from the kit, so we had to simply go with the Classic band. If you know of any supplier that will sell the Sculpted Lattice band (or one similar) separate from the kits, please let me know - I know my client would appreciate it!

Take a look at the results!

Regards,

Lonnie
DeCathLon Creations
www.etsy.com/shop/decathloncreations

Attachments

• The Pendley Collection.jpg
    The Pendley Collection.jpg
    513.8 KB · Views: 280
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Joe S.

Looks pretty good! If I were to make a suggestion I would keep the nib barrels the same but make the cap barrels straight with some subtle segmenting or accenting, maybe some sort of laser-engraving? Nice job on the finish too!

Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback. Since my client gave me a design target, I went with what he wanted - the cap WAS a little busy... I'm still not sure about if I am getting the bottom and the cap put together correctly, but it looks like his previous pen.

Doctor's Woodshop Pen Plus finish - haven't found anything else as good yet!

Regards,

Lonnie

JimB

Nice job recreating that for him. Did you try contacting the retired pen maker to find out where he got his kits/parts? Also, depending on the kit you are using, sometimes 24k Gold plating will wear off. It's something to watch for.

Top Bottom