This one had me nervous

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from buttonsHT

buttonsHT

Decided to try a higher end kit. Went with a rhodium/black titanium emperor with a trustone mother of pearl blank. My photo skills are still lacking as only certain parts of the photos are in focus. :redface:

Attachments

• emp2.jpg
    emp2.jpg
    277 KB · Views: 260
  • emp1.jpg
    emp1.jpg
    253 KB · Views: 224
  • Emp3.jpg
    Emp3.jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 268
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

buttonsHT

plano_harry

Great looking pen Mark!

If your camera is adjustable, go to the highest f-stop you have - probably f22. That will get you max depth of field (photo depth that is in focus), move back a little that will also give you more, and then crop out the part you don't want.

Harry

BSea

Great looking pen, and Harry gave you the perfect solution. If you google depth of field, that should give you a ton of info on how and why. Then it's just a matter of of learning what your camera will and won't do. The easiest way is to just back up a little to take the picture. Don't worry about using the zoom either. Just crop the picture. Unless you have a really old camera, the resolution should be plenty.

Marko50

Do exactly what Plano_harry said to do. You'll get better depth of field. Your lighting looks to be pretty good though. Love the pen!

tgsean

Love the pen, I agree the solution to your clarity of the picture is depth of field. This should be increased to the maximum your lens will allow. I use f stop 32 on the macro lens.

Top Bottom