And Now For Something Completely Different...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from drgoretex

drgoretex

Had a commission for a pen for an 'art trade' with a fellow south of the border. Free reign on design, so decided to try something cool.

I pulled out these PR blanks when I starting brainstorming for this pen, and here's what came to me:

BAMBOO!!

IMG_5726.jpg

IMG_5734.jpg

IMG_5729.jpg

IMG_5736.jpg

IMG_5739.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Ken

PenMan1

Very nice work, as usual, Ken.

I like this pen very much, but that little opening just leaves TOO MUCH temptation for me NOT to have put a "doo dad" in the cap end:) LOL!

Very nicely executed!

turbowagon

Awesome pen! Simply awesome. Great idea and execution!!!

(on another note... some of my pens accidentally end up looking like this when I use a collet chuck and then reverse the blank to turn the other side)

drgoretex

Thanks for all the feedback and kind words!

(on another note... some of my pens accidentally end up looking like this when I use a collet chuck and then reverse the blank to turn the other side)

Heh...funny you should mention that. That's one of the reasons bamboo had been on my mind lately...the same collet chuck thing, and then it came together when I started looking at some of my blanks and daydreaming...

Cheers,

Ken

wizard

Stunning!!!

Ken,
That has got to be the most creative and beautiful pens I have seen in a long time!!! I absolutely love it. If you are not a member yet, I would have loved to see you send that to the Pen Makers Guild. You have incredible talent!!
Regards, Doc

Drstrangefart

I made my wife drop what she was doing and look at this one. She insisted it was real several times before I managed to stop her long enough to tell her it was a resin. And then she insisted it must have ben poured into a mold BASED ON real bamboo. I'd say you have a mission accomplished.

IPD_Mr

This is one of the neatest new concepts I have seen in a while. I can bet that putting a shine on the recess of the cap and body was not an easy task. Well done.

Timebandit

Beautiful Ken!!!! I have seen someone else do this, not on here, but i cant remember where. But i have to say that yours looks much better!! Great job on the design and execution!! This looks like some Alternate Briar material no?

edicehouse

I do not think that pen is that great! I just can't tell from the picture. Send me, oh I don't know, a dozen and let me judge then!

P.S. Does anyone think he will fall for that.

hewunch

This is an amazing concept and execution. I cannot imagine how you were able to polish those little recesses in the ends. Great work. May I ask ...

1. The threads look a little short. Was that because the material didn't want to thread well? or a camera thing?
2. Did you consider putting the same kind of (more pointed) bump at the grip near the nib instead of a rounded one?

Top Bottom