Not mine

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from OKLAHOMAN

OKLAHOMAN

A good customer of ours Norman Paulk sent these finished blanks to us today. He wanted to know if the cap had a flaw and it sure did so we refunded his money, but he did such a great job on fit and finish I decided to put it on a Jr. Gent and add a Polished Bock nib. Let's have a little fun , first one to find the flaw will get the finished pen. :biggrin:

DSC_0001-001.JPG

JohnU

Beautiful looking pen! looks like the black rub and buff / paint lifted off behind the lower area of the clip. ?

elkhorn

There appears to be a small bubble just south of 6 o'clock just before the band.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Besides the small hand being adrift, I don't think the paint below the clip has rubbed off, I reckon the tape was too thick and the blank has been turned down and cut into the ali tape. :biggrin:

OKLAHOMAN

There are no parts that have gone through the resin, broken or slightly miss-shaped and miss aligned parts on steam punk are considered part of steam punk art.

JohnU

I don't know much about this style, but should the larger hand on the face be in front of the smaller hand? It almost looks like the smaller hand has a larger hole for a second hand to fit in, that's missing.

Last edited:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
A good customer of ours Norman Paulk sent these finished blanks to us today. He wanted to know if the cap had a flaw and it sure did so we refunded his money, but he did such a great job on fit and finish I decided to put it on a Jr. Gent and add a Polished Bock nib. Let's have a little fun , first one to find the flaw will get the finished pen. :biggrin:

It doesn't look quite right at the end of the clip the jagged edge there doesn' seem to go with the rest of the blank.

gimpy

The gear directly parallel from the bottom of the clip, on the lower half has a piece poking out of the resin

ottotroll

Duh.... so obvious missed it.... when using numbers on the face of a watch (with the exception of Roman Numrals), Blvgri only uses a "12", and sometimes a "6" - never do they put any other numerals on a face....

BSea

The 6 is where the 5 should be.

I would have gone with the watch hands 1st, but that guess was already taken.

Last edited:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
The second gear from the left end seems to be both under and on top of the same foil underneath like it broke through and some of what should have been under it wound up going over.

plano_harry

Face is normally centered opposite the clip. In this case, the clip is covering the flaw causing the cap to be visually out of balance.

hewunch

Looks like the holes right near the band are too close to the edge and are't complete, either that or the metal is lifting right there.

jmbaker79

Looks like a rather large air pocket right where the clip meets the resin surface. Between the centerband and clip on the top side. could be a photo trick but thats how i call it

Top Bottom