not all Brown

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ctEaglesc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

low_48

I'm taking a chance with this joke, but, you're not on any hallucinogens or odd prescription drugs are you eagle? Are you just back from a vacation from Jamaica?
That's a beauty! Really great craftsmanship!

Rich

Kevin Glover

I'm with Doghouse, Eagle....Every time I see one of your creations I say how'd he do that? and then i start to try to figure it out and it blows my mind how much time it must take for those glue-ups? Like always though they are an inspiration to look at. Great work! Kevin

Dario

I am not into glue ups myself...but your work/craftsmanship never stop to amaze me.

Like most, I cannot even think how you do these things!!!

Great one of a kind pen [:)]

Rifleman1776

Others have taken the words out of my fingers already. Howzeedoit? Blows my mind. In off-forum communications, I have already expressed to Eagle that his ability to visualize is simply beyond my comprehension. I compare it to weavers on a loom that make fantastic, intricate patterns without a pattern. To a non-visual clutz like me, it seems impossible. However, and, with me, there's always an <b></b>"however", <b></b>, [:p][:D] the total look of the pen does not suit my tastes. Reminds me of the Gisi pen. The skill and workmanship that put together the vision is unquestioned and something that others can use as a goal. Not just good, great work Eagle.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Originally posted by penworks
<br />I wouldn't know where to begin ! Wonderfull work Eagle.
You start by wanting to make something you have never seen before in a way that you think has not done by others.
If you can swirl colors in resins why not swirl colors with woods?
(Thinking outside the box)

Originally posted by green-eyes
<br />That is beautiful! Your work amazes me! I am green with envy!
I am going to go out on a limb here with an anology and like much of what I write I will probably be misunderstood.
Imagine yourself watching a street magician or any magician for that matter.
A street magician is a good example because there is no chance of "trick photography"
You watch him pull a watermelon out of a thimble.You say to yourself"I wonder how he did that?"
You have two options.
1.You can keep wondering.Nothing wrong with that.
2. You can figure out how he did it and do the illusion yourself.Or don't do it yourself, it all depends on your motivation.
(There is no third option, the magician is not going to tell you how he did the trick. The whole purpose of the illusion is for you to be mystified)
I have left a visual trail of how these laminations have evolved and even I don't know at this point where I am gong with the next one.
In truth I am hoping you will <b>show</b> me.
Remember, the magician showed you everything when he pulled the watermelon out of the thimble.
Originally posted by GregD
<br />Another nice pen Eagle. When I grow up I want to make pens like you.
<b>If I were grown up I wouldn't be making pens like this.</b>[:D]

Originally posted by Kevin Glover
<br />I'm with Doghouse, Eagle....Every time I see one of your creations I say how'd he do that? and then i start to try to figure it out and it blows my mind how much time it must take for those glue-ups? Like always though they are an inspiration to look at. Great work! Kevin
They don't take that much time, the challenge is to keep a lot of them in different stages at the same time and trying to think of new variations.

btboone

&gt;I don't know at this point where I am gong with the next one.
In truth I am hoping you will show me.

Here's a strange thought. You've obviously mastered the art of using a scroll saw for inlay blanks. Here's a possible next step. How about using a homemade fixture that holds a blank and allows it to rotate about its centerline, (almost like a mini lathe) that allows 3 dimensional scroll saw cuts. You would need to be able to carefully control the rotation to keep an accurate cut and keep from binding the blade. It would actually be possible to make a pen with several different woods that are spiraled together or otherwise interlocked. Another thought to help keep the wheels turning.
[:)]

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Originally posted by btboone
<br />&gt;I don't know at this point where I am gong with the next one.
In truth I am hoping you will show me.

Here's a strange thought. You've obviously mastered the art of using a scroll saw for inlay blanks. Here's a possible next step. How about using a homemade fixture that holds a blank and allows it to rotate about its centerline, (almost like a mini lathe) that allows 3 dimensional scroll saw cuts. You would need to be able to carefully control the rotation to keep an accurate cut and keep from binding the blade. It would actually be possible to make a pen with several different woods that are spiraled together or otherwise interlocked. Another thought to help keep the wheels turning.
[:)]

Interesting comment, of all the tools I use, I am the most uncomfortable with the scroll saw.Because of the thicknesses I am cutting I have a problem getting the blanks I am cutting to interlock.
I'll leave that variation to those with more scroll saw experience...
Griz, how about it???????????????[;)]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Eagle,
Great work as usual! Knowing what size the diamondwood pieces were, and knowing it is not "bend friendly", I am even more befuddled by your work.

But, I have purchased magician's illusions in Vegas. Learned how to perform them. It gives me a much greater appreciation for the true magicians. AND, I don't try to figure out the illusion-just enjoy it!!

So, with equal intrique, I enjoy watching your illusions, I mean pens, evolve.[:p][:p][:p]

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Originally posted by ed4copies
<br />Eagle,
Great work as usual! Knowing what size the diamondwood pieces were, and knowing it is not "bend friendly", I am even more befuddled by your work.

But, I have purchased magician's illusions in Vegas. Learned how to perform them. It gives me a much greater appreciation for the true magicians. AND, I don't try to figure out the illusion-just enjoy it!!

So, with equal intrique, I enjoy watching your illusions, I mean pens, evolve.[:p][:p][:p]

Not "Bend friendly" there's an understatement.
The ironic thing I knew it was going to break, the problem was knowing it would break I wondered exactly "HOW" it was going to break.There was no test, I just "went" for it.

eagle, your skills are absolutely amazing. If I was to make something like what oyu have been pposting, I would not be able to part with them.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Originally posted by pastorbill1952
<br />eagle, your skills are absolutely amazing. If I was to make something like what oyu have been pposting, I would not be able to part with them.

Pssssst! Pastor Bill.
Wanna buy a pen?[}:)]
Actually This was a loser from the get go.
When I had it first glued up I was going to toss it without turning it.Really.[:D]
I just posted it here because the ugly pen contest was over.
It sort of reminds me of a pair of painters pants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom