New YouTube Video

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from feeneypens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

vakmere

Not bad. I wish I could turn in fast motion. The glue and tube process is an individual thing, we all have our way but I always use gloves when handling CA. I like the blank you used. Vegtable oil? Why not? Pen looks good but seeing it in person is better. Nice job.

brownsfn2

Vegetable oil? Interesting.

Can I use butter flavored popcorn oil? I really want to taste my completed work. :)

Great video. I like the different perspectives and it always fun to watch someone turn in fast motion.

feeneypens

Vegetable oil? Interesting. Can I use butter flavored popcorn oil? I really want to taste my completed work. :) Great video. I like the different perspectives and it always fun to watch someone turn in fast motion.
Lol! That was truly a lol moment! Thanks for that! ;)

plano_harry

I think it was well done. Probably one of the best quality lighting, video and sound examples I have seen. Great demonstration of the process, but not enough detail on the steps that most new turners would need to get the quality result you obtained -- if that was your goal. Beautiful pen. Keep up the great work!

The pen is Darn good. Excellent pairing of pen and blank. Fit looks spot on. Finish is good.

As to the video, there are a couple things that "jumped" out at me. Firstly, when you glue up the tubes, you add a drop or 2 of CA. It's real important to get full coverage as you insert and it doesn't seem enough to get that. Closing off the ends of the tube is an optional step but it probably bears mentioning that the inside of the tube should be clean when assembling. Real nice shots of the turning process. And then there's finishing - with CA. Might want to mention it is a major part of the pen making process and that it can take time to develop the skill. How many coats did you use? Certainly more than one?

feeneypens

The pen is Darn good. Excellent pairing of pen and blank. Fit looks spot on. Finish is good. As to the video, there are a couple things that "jumped" out at me. Firstly, when you glue up the tubes, you add a drop or 2 of CA. It's real important to get full coverage as you insert and it doesn't seem enough to get that. Closing off the ends of the tube is an optional step but it probably bears mentioning that the inside of the tube should be clean when assembling. Real nice shots of the turning process. And then there's finishing - with CA. Might want to mention it is a major part of the pen making process and that it can take time to develop the skill. How many coats did you use? Certainly more than one?

Thanks for the feedback! That definitely can help me improve my next video! For sure I used more than one coat of glue, 2 actually did the trick since it had such a small amount of wood to work with. Also very light sanding.

twinsen

I concur. Good video, but the lack of detail will send viewers on hunt to find out how you did what you didn't show.

stonepecker

The video was interesting. I can understand why you speed-up your video.
Personally, I like to watch alittle more. I don't think we are in a race when we enjoy our hobby. Each step is important. Take the time to explain the why and how come you do what you are showing.

Top Bottom