New Cracked Ice Acrylic Fountain Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from drgoretex

drgoretex

Hello folks,

Here's yesterday's work, a custom FP in 'Cracked Ice' acrylic, sporting a clip with a screw-top finial, and a medium JoWo steel nib.

IMG_5892.jpg

IMG_5886.jpg

IMG_5889.jpg

IMG_5897.jpg

IMG_5884.jpg

IMG_5900.jpg

IMG_5895.jpg

IMG_5902.jpg

Thanks for looking. Comments and critiques welcome.

Ken

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Haynie

Very nice.

From a learning standpoint I really appreciate it when you post the pen completely taken apart.

bluwolf

I have a couple of those blanks. I was curious what a kitless made with them would look like. Now I know. That is really sharp. Did you paint the inside after drilling? I would have thought it would be more transparent. I know you can't hide the cap threads on that material because they're so close to the surface, but what about the rest of it?

drgoretex

I have a couple of those blanks. I was curious what a kitless made with them would look like. Now I know. That is really sharp. Did you paint the inside after drilling? I would have thought it would be more transparent. I know you can't hide the cap threads on that material because they're so close to the surface, but what about the rest of it?

No, I don't think I would paint the inside of a blank. If it's translucent, that becomes a point of interest for the pen. The pics don't show it well, but the cap is fairly translucent. You can see the outline of the nib pretty clearly when it is backlit.

I rather like the material, though I don't think I am as thrilled about the overall shape of this design.

Ken

Top Bottom