Navy Blue and Yellowheart Warfare Pen.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from woodgraver

woodgraver

I made this from a Navy Blue blank purchased from The Village Workshop and a piece of Yellowheart from a lumber supply place in Seattle. It took a bit of trial and error to get the engraving to the right depth so I didn't turn/sand off the engraved lines when I assembled it for final turning and finishing. The total cost of the materials...$10, I'm selling the finished pen for $40. Learning aside, I'd say I could make a pen like this in an hour, not a bad profit for a labor of love.

Attachments

• DSC_0008.JPG
    DSC_0008.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 431
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sbell111

I made this from a Navy Blue blank purchased from The Village Workshop and a piece of Yellowheart from a lumber supply place in Seattle. It took a bit of trial and error to get the engraving to the right depth so I didn't turn/sand off the engraved lines when I assembled it for final turning and finishing. The total cost of the materials...$10, I'm selling the finished pen for $40. Learning aside, I'd say I could make a pen like this in an hour, not a bad profit for a labor of love.
In my opinion, you are underpricing the pen.

woodgraver

US Navy Submarines - Gold Dolphins

WOW I would like to see one done with the USN dolphins.
David

David, thanks for the inspiration...I have some work to do, but I think even this one would turn out pretty nice if I painted the tube black.

Jim

Attachments

• DSC_0022-2.JPG
    DSC_0022-2.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 153

woodgraver

In my opinion, you are underpricing the pen.

Thanks for the compliment...I'm selling to one of my good friends in the Navy, I feel guilty charging anything, but I do have to pay for this fun hobby.

Jim

woodgraver

Nicely done, although I'd like to see a bigger picture to really appreciate it.

Thanks for sharing.

-Barry

Barry,
I was limited on the upload size...and if I sent you one of that detail you could see all the flaws ;) Looks like we live pretty close...if you wanted to get together and see what the laser engraver does up close, give me a shout!

Jim

Top Bottom