My Son's first two

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from hewunch

hewunch

So here are the first two my oldest son has accomplished. Yes, I was right there with him helping him with the finer points. No, I did not do these for him. The first one is Digital Camo. Part of an ACU (I think that is what it is called). The second is an acrylic from WC. Please be gentle. They are his. :)

Attachments

• DigitalCamoM1.jpg
    DigitalCamoM1.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 345
  • acrylicM2.jpg
    acrylicM2.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 312
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I think they look great Hans. He's catching on quick with your guidance. Tell him, "I like them both" Thanks for posting them.

Brooks803

He's a chip off the ole block (Ha, worked in a turning joke!) Hans. He's been watching one of the best and you can tell he's paying attention. MUCH better than my first 20! Congrats!

brookswife803

As a fellow turner who started out with a fine instructor as yourself I think his pens speak volumes for how detailed and clear your instruction is... and lets face it, he's certainly got the genes for it. :) I think they both look great but I must say I REALLY like the red one! Now if the camo was purple... well... you know me. :) Tell him he did a TOP KNOTCH JOB!!! We all look forward to seeing his skills develop if he did this good a job already!

wiset1

Hans,

They look great. How does the seam look on the camo pen? I've been thinking about doing that with the navy camo.

The pens look great! I just did an Army ACU pattern one (I'm Army) and I did one with the Navy pattern as well. Just have to do the cap casting again since the PR glazed a bit.

These look awesome.

Great looking pair of pens, I can't they are his first!

It's great that we have something that we can share with our kids that is hands-on and has a tangable result, not just a high score for killing the most zombies.

But... you made the same mistake I did; now whenever I head to the garage to have some me time at the lathe my kids want to turn another one, and they are getting good. I love it that the kids get into it but ITS MY LATHE! Good luck with that:biggrin:!

All the best,
Chris

hewunch

Thanks everyone. I know he will enjoy reading these when he gets home tomorrow. He sees an upside down octopus in the red one, under the clip.

seamus7227

Very well done! But dangit, he beat me to it, I have the camo hanging up in the closet and I wondered how it would look! Tell him I said "Great Job!"

wizard

Hans, Your son did an outstanding job on both!! It's really precious memories that you make when you share time together creating something
special. Great student learning from a great teacher!!! LOL...You really could lose your lathe after he reads all this. Thanks so much for showing. Regards, Doc:)

hewunch

Thanks you guys (gals too). You really made his day. These are going to the state fair tomorrow so cross your fingers.

SteveWatson

Your son is off to a great start and he should be grateful...most of us lugs had to teach ourselves and for me the learning curve was....well bumpy.

Top Bottom