My First Segmented pen!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from sumterdad

sumterdad

Hello all, Well I just had another first. I just wanted to see what it would look like if I glued some cut offs from different blanks and well you see what came out. Not too bad. it is apple wood , oak, and the other two not really sure my mind cant remember as well any more. hope yall like.

Attachments

• 2011-10-01_00-18-58_434.jpg
    2011-10-01_00-18-58_434.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 274
  • 2011-10-01_00-19-19_314.jpg
    2011-10-01_00-19-19_314.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 201
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

firewhatfire

Well you have gone and done it now. Now you will want to cut everything in half and glue it back together. Welcome to never seeing a piece of that wouldn't look good with a little piece of that(where is that piece I saved) in it

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
It's a great idea and, I like segmented pens. My personal taste is to have brass or aluminum between the two main bodies. Or, even plastic(credit card) or Pick guard. Anything to divide that joint. You done good though. Thanks for sharing with us.

SteveWatson

Nice pen! If you are looking for a divider material the PVC from an old garage door, or ABS flashing works good. I did some experiments with other types like from plastic coffee cans but I have found that the food contact side has some kind of funky coating that prevents CA from sticking and its dang near impossible to get it off. Segmenting is really fun when you get to go through your bits and pieces and use and otherwise useless scrap.

sumterdad

Nice pen! If you are looking for a divider material the PVC from an old garage door, or ABS flashing works good. I did some experiments with other types like from plastic coffee cans but I have found that the food contact side has some kind of funky coating that prevents CA from sticking and its dang near impossible to get it off. Segmenting is really fun when you get to go through your bits and pieces and use and otherwise useless scrap.
Yea I plan to try different material to see what I can come up with

Top Bottom