My First Segmented Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from timcbs

timcbs

Hey Guys,

Here is today's Pen, it is my first Segmented Pen and was quite challenging but came out quite nice.
The Kit is a Majestic, Black Titanium /Platinum Fountain Pen, The blank I made was Maple, Wenge, Zebrawood and Red Heart Wood, I think the combination looks great together.
I used 8 coats of CA and polished to 12000 with Micro-Mesh and then 2 coast of Renaissance Wax.

Let me know what you guys thing.
:rotfl:

Attachments

• Seg1.jpg
    Seg1.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 188
  • Seg2.jpg
    Seg2.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sberger

Great work! I am making one now, but mine probably will not look that good. My first also! That is a lot of work. I am using Titebond so it is taking days to make for glue drying. Everyone needs to try one!
Steve

timcbs

I used Epoxy and glued up all 4 pieces at the same time came back 4 hours later and scraped the extra glue off, the next morning starting cutting and turning.

timcbs

Thanks,

one tip I can give everyone who wants to make a pen like this one is to make sure you have extra blank, I made enough to make 3 pens, but did not like the way the top came out so I scraped it and since I had lots of extra blank no problem, and when you are glueing the pieces to the tube, use as little glue as possible, once you have all the pieces glued to the tube, Very Important to look and make sure the design is correct and then clamp in a vise to make sure everything is tight and drip CA (Thin) all over.

gvanweerd

Nice Job! i love making those step segments. i have an acrylic one made up, but just haven't turned it yet. (just a hint) on mine it's orange and blue with aluminum surrounding the segments. and again Good Job!

jasontg99

WOW! Awesome looking pen. Looks like similar woods in the puzzle pen. Fantastic job for your first segmented pen. I can only hope my first segmented pen comes out half as nice.

Top Bottom