My first pen on my equipment

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dhammis

dhammis

I got my very first lathe yesterday, a Turncrafter Pro along with the starter kit from PSI. I was very excited about it and got it all put together and got one pen finished just after midnight last night/this morning.

It's a rosewood slimline with the rhodium plating. I sanded to 600 grit and did three applications of the shellawax cream.

While it is officially pen number 2 for me (the first one was made on a friend's lathe), this is the first one I've made completely on my own. The picture was taken with my iPhone so I apologize that the quality isn't the best. A camera upgrade is also in the works as part of this new adventure.

Attachments

• IMG_0704.jpg
    IMG_0704.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 240
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dhammis

Looks good for #2 pen. What happened to the clip? It is bent pretty badly.

My wife asked the same thing. That was how it came out of the bag and it looks like it's actually supposed to be that way. Had I realized that before turning it I probably would've left that end a bit thicker.

bitshird

Congratulations on you second pen, it's nice to have your own equipment, now tell your wife to hide your credit cards and just give you a stipend of an allowance.

Sberger

Now save that pen in the house somewhere and take another look at it in 3 months or after another 50 pens. It will teach you something. Glad you are excited! Good feeling.
Steve

Top Bottom