Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from latheturner

latheturner

FirstPen.jpg

My first pen!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kretzky

Niceley done.
I'm puzzled to know if there's a competition on for "the most advanced first ever pen". Segmented, Laser cuts... what's next, kitless?

latheturner

Rodnall, you asked why I would choose this as my first pen. I have turned metal on my metal lathe for a few years, and feel I am mechanically inclined enough. The truth is I wanted one of those puzzle pens!

The pieces are hard to put together, but I taught myself a trick. When I was having trouble putting the pieces together I took the tube out and after I got the pieces in I put the tube back in. I had no broken pieces. I learned years ago as a mechanic to never force anything or it is not made to go together.

My puzzle pen looks much better in person. The photo does not show just how pretty it is.

Tom D

Tony, come and join us at the Carolina pen turners meeting, we meet the first Saturday of each month at Mann Tool in West Columbia SC. The next meeting is Feb 2nd from 1pm to 3.
By the way nice pen.

bigevilgrape

I think next time you should try to really push yourself to try something difficult ;) ;)

For real, I love those blanks and you did a really good job.

Top Bottom