My bash prize

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Rick_G

Rick_G

My pen won the 3rd place prize in the antler, bone and horn contest during the bash. CaptG kindly donated the blanks for the prize and I finally got the nerve to turn them today. I used my home made round carbide tipped tool and the blanks turned very easily with no chip out at all. Almost lost it when I showed it to my wife. I only touched metal a couple times and since I was nearly done anyway I switched to sandpaper for the remainder. A few coats of med. CA fixed everything up nicely.

The pens turned out great thanks once again Gary.

Attachments

• P1012072.jpg
    P1012072.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 183
  • P1012073.jpg
    P1012073.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 236
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Even with the pucker factor, and even touching metal a couple of times, I'm glad you didn't chicken out and end up with a fat wasp shape. The almost B2B suits that blank and kit well. :good:

gimpy

You should be very proud of the pen, awesome job........
I would say that will be your carry pen

Rick_G

Even with the pucker factor, and even touching metal a couple of times, I'm glad you didn't chicken out and end up with a fat wasp shape. The almost B2B suits that blank and kit well. :good:
Gary did a good job and kept everything low so no problems. I figured at 2500 rpm and very light cuts with a carbide tool the worst I would do is shave a little metal which is what happened. Easy to repair with a few layers of CA. Have another with a real scorpion in it. I did chicken out with it because I knew if I touched it there would be no way I could do a invisible repair. It got the wasp shape.

Top Bottom