Mo' Flame Box Elder

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from OldWrangler

OldWrangler

Yesterday I received 10 blanks of (very expensive) Flame Box Elder off of E-bay. Turned one yesterday and here are 2 more from today. Kits are Barons, one in gold and the other in Black Ti. These will go into a retailer tomorrow to see if anyone likes them as much as I do.

Wish my picture was sharper. I get very crisp pics in all the other modes but the macro, even with my light kit, just won't take a picture that isn't fuzzy. Anyone got any advice. The camera is a Canon SD 1000, 7.1 mp and only about a year old.

Attachments

• fbe.jpg
    fbe.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 410
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rherrell

George, get in touch with Eugene (ElMostro) right here at IAP. I get my FBE from him and it's beautiful. Couldn't hurt to drop him a line.:wink:

OldWrangler

Sorry about your eyes Fred. Y'all got the answer as usual. Got out of the macro and took picture on Portrait mode with a zoom in and the pictures cleared up and all the little details popped out. The color is improved as well. No more fuzzy pics. Thanks to all of you.

I'll get in touch with Eugene for the FBE as soon as this batch is finished. Just saw him in San Marcos last weekend and could have gotten him to bring me some. I'll bet his will be cheaper.

babyblues

Looks like you figured out a workable solution, but I have a Canon SD 1100 and I use the Macro setting to take my pics. I've found that the camera wants to focus on the background which makes the pens fuzzy. If you hold the button down part way it will frame the focus points with green squares and lock in the focus, then you can take the picture. I make sure the focus is on the pens not the background and the pics come out great.

Fred

Now is a great time to learn all about depth of field ... Things will get even better when you do!

George, if you got better pictures go to your original post and "EDIT' out the fuzzy ones and put the new ones in. I had my eyes all repaired and went back and looked at your first post ... now my eyes are all fuzzed over again.

Last edited:
Top Bottom