Marble exec & key chain pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ToddMR

ToddMR

Well we were out in the shop again still cleaning up and moving stuff around a bit. I went to turn a piece of black ash burl I got from PSI. It was a first for that wood for me. All was going fine, but the one end seemed tougher than the rest. I was working it with my skew type blade for the woodchuck I just put on yesterday. As I made a pass a huge chunk on the one end that was giving me trouble went flying. *UGH* So not giving up my wife picked out the marble wood blank I had. The result is a marble wood on a gun metal exec with ca finish. I would have liked to seen the black ash burl finished, but this looks nice too.

marbleexec.jpg marbleexec-a.jpg

While we waited for the glue to set on the exec blank, I turned this keychain pen. It is pretty much a pendant pen only with a key chain kit. The blank is an acrylic I got from woodpenpro I think.

keypen.jpg

Thanks for looking and any comments are welcome. Still bummed out about that burl though lol.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

boxerman

Nice pens. You stole my idea of key chain pen. LOL. I was thinking of that today but didn't have the right size pen kit.

Top Bottom