Majestic Squire

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from djwood1

djwood1

Just made this one for a customer. 22kt/Rhodium, amboyna burl with brass segments. Hope he likes it and also the person he is giving it to for Christmas!

As always, comments welcome.

Happy Holidays to all!

Attachments

• 80BJ-B-13-W3G-1.JPG
    80BJ-B-13-W3G-1.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 344
  • 80BJ-B-13-W3G-2.JPG
    80BJ-B-13-W3G-2.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 271
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Very nice and the blank goes well with the kit. Just a photo tip. Spin the pen so that the clip is to the top abit so we can see the blank more. We all know what clips look like and so many people do this. It is the blank on the kit we want to see. Just my 2¢

rebfan04

Great looking Pen

Always on the lookout for sharp looking pens. Being a beginner I am trying new pens. Where did you get the blank?

wiset1

Ok, I've got to ask...The brass design, is that an inlay or is it a design that was put over the finished turn and then CA finish? I've only been turning since September so I'm learning all of these cool little tricks that everyone else already knows. Thanks....AWESOME pen by the way.

djwood1

Thanks for the looking.

JT - Here's another pic turned a little more.

RW and TW - I make the blanks. These are segmented blanks where each line on the blank gets cut using a jig saw and metal (brass in this case) is glued back in between the two pieces. There is a tutorial here on IAP that describes segmenting metal.

Attachments

• 80BJ-B-13-W3G-3.JPG
    80BJ-B-13-W3G-3.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 143

jttheclockman

See now we can appreciate the work of art. That is some fine inlay work and it looks very different than what I am used to seeing. I like the pattern. Thanks for showing and thanks for turning the pen.

Top Bottom