Leather and Bullets

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from maxman400

maxman400

After Loosing 200 LBS I have about 16" of extra leather on my duty belts that I don't have any use for any more! :biggrin: So I took some of it and and made this blank, I wanted good separation between layers so I also glued in some black plastic. I was Shooting (pardon the pun) for the K-Bar look with some texture so I put 4 coats of thin CA on with a Baggie and then used chrome polish followed with plastix polish (no sanding). The shell and bullet is a .308 and the clip is from PSI.
Any comments welcome, Thanks for looking. :)
attachment.php

Attachments

• Leather and Bullets 009_8_7_tonemapped.jpg
    Leather and Bullets 009_8_7_tonemapped.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 515
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jon-wx5nco

WOW, that is NICE!!! Ok, what is the secret,,,, to the weight loss? I need to loose about 150 lbs

louie68

Nice pen Max!!! Ok me 3 like to know what is the secret to lose the weight i could lose 50 lbs 2!!!

maxman400

Thanks Guys! I went all out and had the gastric by-pass It will be 4 years in February. Send me a PM if you would like to more.

PennedDown

Max,
That'a a great use of a duty belt and a tribute to your weight loss. With that said beautiful use of the leather, plastic and shell. Nice job! Keep up the good work and BE SAFE! Fellow LEO here.
Dale

wizard

I love it !! It does have the K-bar look. Love it even more because it symbolizes you living a longer healthier life. Congratulations on the weight loss !! Regards, Doc

Muggsy1776

I like it. What a great idea! I would never have thought of using old duty belts like that. Congrats on the weight loss- hope it went OK for you. I have a coworker who is a good friend that just had the by-pass (scary stuff in my opinion..) and I think this would be a great idea as a gift to him.

KenV

+1 on the bypass -- 4 + years

Nice effect with the pen -- You did a good job of modeling the knife handle effect to scale.

Top Bottom