Ken's Abalone

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jim in Oakville

This Jr Statesman was made with one of Ken's incredible abalone blanks..

Polished to 12,000, final polish with Nova 2

Attachments

• IMG_1518adj.jpg
    IMG_1518adj.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 384
  • IMG_1517adj.jpg
    IMG_1517adj.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 227
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kenspens

you make my work look nice!! jim great job that wont sit on display long!!
thanks for the wonderfull compliments everyone!!

sincerely,
ken brown
kens exotic pen artistry

bitshird

Beautiful piece of work, Please wear dust protection turning Paua or Abalone, in fact any shell fish shell, I have several lapidary friends that have developed a disease almost identical to Mesotheleoma <sp> once the fibers are inhaled, they continue to grow, we used to cut tons of Abalone for making Fetish necklaces back in the early 70s we cut a lot of shell hishi before they started bringing it in from the Philippines. One of my Zuni friends died died a few years ago very slow and agonizing. the dust is deadly, but my heavens it's beautiful, And Abalone tastes SOOOOO GOOOOOD. I'd pay a kings ransom for a couple of fresh steaks.

OKLAHOMAN

Ken, turning these will not release and Puau or Abalone dust as Ken has these cast in Alumilite. Jim you did a great job with a great blank.
Beautiful piece of work, Please wear dust protection turning Paua or Abalone, in fact any shell fish shell, I have several lapidary friends that have developed a disease almost identical to Mesotheleoma <sp> once the fibers are inhaled, they continue to grow, we used to cut tons of Abalone for making Fetish necklaces back in the early 70s we cut a lot of shell hishi before they started bringing it in from the Philippines. One of my Zuni friends died died a few years ago very slow and agonizing. the dust is deadly, but my heavens it's beautiful, And Abalone tastes SOOOOO GOOOOOD. I'd pay a kings ransom for a couple of fresh steaks.

kenspens

hey ken
rest assured these are as safe to turn as chocolate!LOL
just like roy said! the blanks are sealed in alumalite and will never again be exposed to the atmosphere! and cutting tools never i repeat never touch it!! ever!! but i definately appreciate the heads up from what you experianced in the past!!
hope that gives clarity to what ken (bitshird) was talking about!
sincerely,
ken brown
ken exotic pen artistry

Top Bottom