Just GEARING up Steampunk art

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bruce119

bruce119

I mite call it "Lost in Gears" or maybe just "Gears"

They are a mix of different small gears from various sources not just watch parts.

I have been having some fun these are the first two prototypes. Having fun and getting my technique worked out.

I hope you all enjoy I was inspired by the previous threads that was impossible to avoid.

Edit... I had clock & watch parts from long, long ago but never had the time to do anything. The recent threads inspired some new ideas.

First pen

01.jpg 01a.jpg
02.jpg 02a.jpg
03.jpg 03a.jpg

Second pen

05.jpg 05a.jpg
06.jpg 06a.jpg
07.jpg 07a.jpg

All comments welcome.

thanks for looking

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

LarryDNJR

Both are awesome, 2nd is my favorite. I also did that "centerband"

I recently started taking apart a bunch of watches and toyed with the idea of a gears only pen.

Hope you don't mind if I do one as well. :)

jttheclockman

I too like them alot and I am also going to mention I am also working on a gear pen. I just received some parts and old watches so hopefully you don't get mad when you see others unless you are putting a patent on it and all kinds of restrictions. Thanks for showing.

bruce119

Wow, Bruce - I'm just drawn to the "centerband" in (not on!) the 2nd pen... Thanks for the closeup.

That is a balance wheel with little tiny screws cut and slipped over the tube like a ring. It turned out nice.
Thanks

I too like them alot and I am also going to mention I am also working on a gear pen. I just received some parts and old watches so hopefully you don't get mad when you see others unless you are putting a patent on it and all kinds of restrictions. Thanks for showing.

No it's a free world and like snake skins your not going to stop steampunk art.

As you are finding out or will find out it's not easy and not for everyone.

These are just my first practice ones I'm happy how they turned out. I do have a much more complicated one I am working up the nerve to cast it.

There will be more to come stay tuned.

THANKS

corian king

Really super job Bruce!! I have never done any casting but I would love to learn just to try my hand at one of these pens.I really like the looks of them.I guess maybe someone on here would give me some pointers if I ask.
Keep up the great work!!!
JIM

bruce119

Really super job Bruce!! I have never done any casting but I would love to learn just to try my hand at one of these pens.I really like the looks of them.I guess maybe someone on here would give me some pointers if I ask.
Keep up the great work!!!
JIM

Always glad to help just drop me a PM

I am the first to say.......I want some.........when can we order???? Great work Bruce as usual!!!!

Anyone can drop me a PM I am hard at work. It's going to take a little time to some ready.

thanks

Jim Smith

Bruce,

This is just what I would expect from one of the most creative people here on IAP. As usual, outstanding workmanship. Thank you for sharing this and all the other cool stuff you do.

Jim Smith

Top Bottom