Jr. Gent ll & the Smoking Gun

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from yort81

yort81

This is an Artisan Jr. Gent ll, Non Postable, Black Titanium Pen kit. And the blank was a solid 360 machinable Brass Rod.... Sanded to 1000 grit for the brushed look. I applied Renaissance wax.... I am just discovering that stuff...and it's completely AWESOME...if not a bit pricey!

OH!!!... and the gun...it's a 2009 Dan Wesson Stainless Steel PM9 (9mm) Sitting on a block of Eucalyptus Burl
:biggrin:

Attachments

• ••Brass&-PM9.jpg
    ••Brass&-PM9.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 501
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

Any plans on making a set of matching grips for the 9mm?

What kind of time did it involve to make this pen barrel from the brass? It is purty nice!

Scott

yort81

Scott....I was thinking about it once....`gave that thought up for Lent.... and Im here making Solid Metal Pens....and some nice wooden ones too :~P You know...I have to say why I think Pen Making is so rewarding for me....

It's hobby that i can spend an hour (2-3 on the metal pens) and finish a project that is VERY nice and most people appreciate them...some people even value them... Unlike most woodworking projects...where you can spend a weekend making a birdhouse and you hang it in a tree in your back yard where very few can admire it.... seldom even touch it.... Pens...on the other hand.... you touch...use ... admire and even... dare i say? Are proud to show people...."Yes! I made that!"

Troy

yort81

Scott...the brass, copper, aluminum , bronze aluminum are little more involved than wood blanks.... but not much....

I measure the 3/4 rod to length...then i mount that rod....usually a foot or shorter in my pin jaws and use a hack saw to cut it.....they i drill it with cobalt bits, glue the brass tubes in and put them on the pen mandrel and cut with normal tools...the aluminum cuts almost as fast as wood... the other metals take twice as long. They sand and polish up just the same as wood:biggrin:

Troy

BSea

Very cool pen and very very cool gun. I'm a Dan Wesson fan too. I really wanted a PM-9, but never could find one. So I settled on a Guardian in 9mm the 1st year they came out. Then of course they started making the PM-9 again. I also have the CBOB.

yort81

Bob,

Yes...I ordered my PM 9 and waited for more than a year to get it..... All through out that process..... Dan Wesson and the dealer i ordered from could not tell me if I was going to receive one or not...until it arrived at the dealer... crazy! I love the CBOB's too... they are very beautiful...but they didnt make it in 9mm... which is what i like to shoot... and it saves me a bit of the cashola for turning supplies :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Troy

BSea

Bob,

Yes...I ordered my PM 9 and waited for more than a year to get it..... All through out that process..... Dan Wesson and the dealer i ordered from could not tell me if I was going to receive one or not...until it arrived at the dealer... crazy! I love the CBOB's too... they are very beautiful...but they didnt make it in 9mm... which is what i like to shoot... and it saves me a bit of the cashola for turning supplies :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Troy
I just went over to the 1911 forum. I thought your ID looked a little familiar. I remember seeing your thread on your PM-9 and the 1st range trip. I don't go over there much anymore. Seems like I always end up here.:bulgy-eyes:

BradG

nicely done.... though id remove copper from that list.... thats horrible to work with, and not so much as a pleasure as brass or ali

yort81

COTEP Member

Bob...Fellow COTEP member :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Yes...I used to go over to 1911 forum all the time... I havent been for quite some time though...im like you...I end up here multiple times a day :~)

Brad....Ive got to tell you...I have been using tellurium copper... and it cuts very very nice.... it's the stainless steel that gives me the fits :~P

BradG

cutting is fine, its drilling it. with it being such a good conductor of heat it expands and contracts relentlessly, gripping the drill bit as it goes.

yort81

Copper....

Brad...I've not experienced that....but i may be doing it the drilling in small increments... I start with a 1/4 bit and work up slowly to size from there, and ive never had a problem. I will say that first quarter inch bit is the hardest one though. :)

Top Bottom