Jr. Emperor on BOW

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rcflyer23

rcflyer23

This was done for my friends daughter she is graduating college in May. I am very happy with the way it turned out. I wasn't sure about the Emperor kits but I really like the kit.

Comments/critiques always welcome

Attachments

• IMG_1925.jpg
    IMG_1925.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 371
  • IMG_1930.jpg
    IMG_1930.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 288
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

arw01

She should treasure it for years. I'm too chicken to try one of those big expensive kits yet. Still working on getting the transition from nib to barrel a perfect seam.

rcflyer23

Thanks everyone. Her Dad was extremely excited since he was the one that was going to be giving it to her. I should hear soon how much she likes it. Since she graduates in a few weeks.

DustyDenim

Kevin: That is sure one beauty of a pen. I just received one of the Jr. Emperor pen kits myself earlier this week but have not made a pen with it yet. I hope mine turns out at least half as good as yours. You did a great job.

rcflyer23

Jim I agree with you. It is my favorite kit right now. I am going to get a full size emperor for my self and a Jr. for my wife. I am very impressed with the kits. They are built very well.

Kaspar

I've kind of soured on the Emperor. All those CS-USA kits are very well made, I'm just not sold on the aesthetics. For big pens, I favor the Statesman and the Imperial (I can't wait for them to come out with an Imperial Jr.)

But that is one fine pen with an always awesome wood. Nice job.

Last edited:

rcflyer23

Kaspar I like those kits as well, there is just something right now about this kit that has caught my attention. I will be interested in seeing the Imperial Jr. that will probably be a nice kit.

Kaspar

... I will be interested in seeing the Imperial Jr. that will probably be a nice kit.

I don't know that they're going to make one. I just hope they do. They have Jr. sizes for three of the five large pen kits (Gentleman, Statesman, Emperor.) I'm hoping the Imperial is doing well enough that they'll make a Jr. I'm pretty indifferent to the Lotus, which is just "too much," although now that I think on it, it would be interesting to see how they would manage a Lotus Jr.

Sorry for the Off-Topic post. I now return you to your proper adoration of a very nice pen.

rcflyer23

I don't know that they're going to make one. I just hope they do. They have Jr. sizes for three of the five large pen kits (Gentleman, Statesman, Emperor.) I'm hoping the Imperial is doing well enough that they'll make a Jr. I'm pretty indifferent to the Lotus, which is just "too much," although now that I think on it, it would be interesting to see how they would manage a Lotus Jr.

Sorry for the Off-Topic post. I now return you to your proper adoration of a very nice pen.

No worries on the off topic. I look at this as a discussion so I don't care about off topic interthread talk. :) Anyway.. I am the same way on the lotus its a little to much. I can't wait to get a few more Emperor's.

bitshird

I've kind of soured on the Emperor. All those CS-USA kits are very well made, I'm just not sold on the aesthetics. For big pens, I favor the Statesman and the Imperial (I can't wait for them to come out with an Imperial Jr.)

But that is one fine pen with an always awesome wood. Nice job.
Kaspar, I almost agree about the Lotus, I've had one at 4 shows, dropped the price to 175.00 and no real serious bites, nice pen, sure is pretty, gee that a neat pen, but it's still in my inventory, as for the Jr Emperors, I've turned down 250.00 for my IBO Jr. Emperor, I've sold the other three I've made. I loke the looks of the imperial, I haven't made any, but will this spring or summer, I have several Statesman pens, I think they are reasonably priced, but no sales, yet all my Jr. Statesmans sell, but I use the postable kits.

No worries on the off topic. I look at this as a discussion so I don't care about off topic interthread talk. :) Anyway.. I am the same way on the lotus its a little to much. I can't wait to get a few more Emperor's.
Man that is an awesome pen, it looks so nice with that wood, I will keep making Jr Emperors as long as they keep selling, I haven't done a full sized one yet, but only because of my luck selling full sized Gent's, Statesman's and the Lotus I've had.
From my limited experience selling, People just don't seem to like a real large pen, other than the inexpensive pens like Cigars, but like I said, my selling experience with pens is limited. Yet I can still get 150.00 to 175.00 for a Jr. Emperor

Top Bottom