Jack Daniels Classic

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from shawnmhill

shawnmhill

Everytime I walked into my garage my mouth started watering and I wanted a highball glass with ice. So I figured I would turn one of the blanks I got from Jimm1. It turned down nicely. A little grainy but nothing a little CA wouldn't take care of. I sanded 400 & 600 then applied 10 coats of thin CA. Im still not happy with the finish. Think the booze is trying to sweat out? Enjoy because I did. All comments welcome.

Attachments

• CSC_0446.jpg
    CSC_0446.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 364
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bree

Oak is hugely underrated. It has great grain that is highly distinct even in a plain blank. It may not be as wild as some of the exotics but it is totally solid as far as I am concerned. And when it is soaked in Jack, how can you go wrong?? LOL!

Your pen looks terrific but it does appear to be a little cloudy on the bottom section. Is that the photo or do you think you got some clouding from the Jack? I ask because I have 10 of them and plan on turning one of them very soon. Maybe CA isn't the best finish for these given their special nature.
:confused::confused::confused:

Bree

Yes! The booze seems to be trying to escape. Next one I turn I will let dry out for a couple days before I finish it.
I hate the thought of letting the Jack out of the pen!!! I mean like what if I want to chew on the end of the pen???
:confused::confused::confused:

Top Bottom