I've been playing with rocks again.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from OKLAHOMAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

OKLAHOMAN

Alabaster rocks that is. This is an other Italian alabaster called raspberry, no need to paint tubes or blank. Platinum Baron. All comments yea and nay welcome.

2007818172336_ras.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

Chris, Its not like either. It is real stone but turns well no shavings just powder,its fragil so you must be careful when assembly.
Originally posted by rhahnfl
<br />Very nice... is it more like truestone or acrylic? Either way it looks very nice.

OKLAHOMAN

Richard this is one of the ones I e-mailed you about. It was broken in half and cracked lenthwise, but I was able to save it.
Originally posted by randbcrafts
<br />That turned out much better than my first one with that material. Good job.

mick

Roy I've been admiring your Alabaster pens since you started posting them. It's a fantastic looking material. If you don't mind my asking, where do you get the Alabaster?

OKLAHOMAN

Mike here is the link to our classified. Richard has tru-stone and alabaster.
http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=26249

randbcrafts

Roy, Looks like you did a good job saving it. I just turned one of the Italian Bardiglio blanks. CA finish worked very well for me. Did you put any kind of finish on this one?

OKLAHOMAN

Thanks Richard, I'm not putting a CA finish on these as I really don't want a plastic look. I'm more or less trying to give these a natural stone look and feel, After wet sanding with MM Pads, I use brasso,than Mequires Plastic polish and finish with TSW. This gives it a nice soft sheen.
Originally posted by randbcrafts
<br />Roy, Looks like you did a good job saving it. I just turned one of the Italian Bardiglio blanks. CA finish worked very well for me. Did you put any kind of finish on this one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom