It's funny looking...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Cwalker935

Cwalker935

but I will claim it. My attempt at a multi-axis desk pen. It has four axises, was made from scraps and writes, so I consider it a success as a proof of concept. It's really difficult to gauge the depth of your cut once you get down to the 3rd and 4th axis. Any helpful tips?

image.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
That's excellent Cody! I was a fly on the wall at MAPG when your "tweaks" were being discussed. Truth be told, I kind of understood what it was about... but not really!

Great job!

Dale Lynch

Cody,Once you get all your points set and put on the lathe,set the tool rest.Leave it there for the entire turning duration.Mark a popsicle stick and use it as a gauge depth against the edge of your tool rest.Use that mark for all four sides.Remember not to move the tool rest.You can check your progress by removing the blank,if you need to make it thinner just remount it back on the lathe.Re-mark the popsicle stick and cut all four sides again.Check and repeat till your satisfied.

Cwalker935

Cody,Once you get all your points set and put on the lathe,set the tool rest.Leave it there for the entire turning duration.Mark a popsicle stick and use it as a gauge depth against the edge of your tool rest.Use that mark for all four sides.Remember not to move the tool rest.You can check your progress by removing the blank,if you need to make it thinner just remount it back on the lathe.Re-mark the popsicle stick and cut all four sides again.Check and repeat till your satisfied.

Dale, Thanks for the tip, I will definitely try that. I meant to go back and read your tutorial but got ahead of myself.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator

Dale speaks from experience (and is more than willing to share suggestions and pointers)! Just to support his comments...

IAP Collection Pen #40 (Spanx).

View in Gallery

OZturner

Love your Multi Centered Pen Cody,
I thought the secret after the first Center Change was to close one eye, or was that both Eye's.
Ah Heck who needs one anyway.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Top Bottom